Sponsored

Time to upgrade to a new Gladiator

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I'm done with my Manual transmission Gladiator Sport S. Rowing gears on a daily driver has lost it's fun. I have a Corvette and an MGB that both have manual transmissions for fun.

That said. I'm looking at ordering a new Rubicon or Mojave. Might even opt for a fully loaded Willy's due to price.
I think I'm going to have to sell it to try to get the most money I can.

It's a 2020 Sport S. Manual.
Options - Customer preferred package, 7 inch radio group. Trailer tow package (not max tow), Convenience group and cold weather package.
Spray in Line-X, soft bed cover. Mopar lift, Aftermarket 17" wheels with 35" Toyo R/T's, Fox Steering Stabilizer, Yeti adjustable track bar.
31,000 miles. It's still in excellent condition.
I see similar retailing for well over $40k. I'd be ecstatic to get $40k for it. Was recently offered $34k on trade and they would not budge off MSRP. I laughed at that.

What do you fine people think it a reasonable asking price for this?
Jeep Gladiator Time to upgrade to a new Gladiator 20201002_131702
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Did you try carvana or any of those? They typically give you the best cash out short of a private party sale

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I'm done with my Manual transmission Gladiator Sport S. Rowing gears on a daily driver has lost it's fun. I have a Corvette and an MGB that both have manual transmissions for fun.

That said. I'm looking at ordering a new Rubicon or Mojave. Might even opt for a fully loaded Willy's due to price.

Options - Customer preferred package, 7 inch radio group. Trailer tow package (not max tow), Convenience group and cold weather package.
Spray in Line-X, soft bed cover. Mopar lift, Aftermarket 17" wheels with 35" Toyo R/T's, Fox Steering Stabilizer, Yeti adjustable track bar.
I see similar retailing for well over $40k. I'd be ecstatic to get $40k for it. Was recently offered $34k on trade and they would not budge off MSRP. I laughed at that.

KBB shows about 36-38k Trade in around my area. Dealers would generally match that. Normally youll lose the mods on trade unless the dealer really wants a modded sport. Depends on trade. If you can get 36k Trade and save some cash on taxes Id do that.

VANJEFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on ordered JTR
You could try KBB guaranteed price. You put in all of your information about the truck, and then you will receive offers from participating dealers in your area, that will honor the price. If the money seems right to you, then you can contact the dealer and sell. I did this for my 2500 Ram, and my 2007 JK. The dealer I ordered from just happened to be a participating dealer. The KBB price was better than Vroom and Carvana, and I will save money on taxes for my Gladiator.

Sponsored

K-Dog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare

My opinion would be 35,500 to 36,500 that should be close to what you paid? Nice Jeep!!

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
A dealer is not going to pay you more for aftermarket add ons so if you got any of the original parts I would stick those things back on if you're going to sell to a dealer. If you're going to sell it privately you can probably add a little more to the price. In a private sale I think you could ask for 40k and you might get that if you find someone that wants all the same stuff you put on it but I feel like that would be difficult.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Might just try a private add and see if the markup a dealer would make could go in your pocket. More work/patience on your part but In this market, might go quickly.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
As a guy who currently drives a stick shift JK and is planning to purchase a manual gladiator, would you mind sharing why you dislike the manual JT for a DD?

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Vroom is going to offer you the most. Not sure how well this going to work out for them in the long run. I suspect you won’t get more than what they have offered.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Vroom. They paid $46,500 for my 2019 Challenger in September, it was $47,000 brand new. I was more than pleased lol.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Trade in values are a bit soft for Sport models relatively speaking and the manual does not help also. I think if you got $36K-$37K for an offer, I would go for that.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'll be fine with your asking price. You already know the low, and its a sellers market. I look forward to the update.

OP
OP

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
Sold - Ended up selling to a Ford dealer of all people. Got 38K for it. Not too shabby for a 2020 that had an MSRP of $41,170. I lost money in the lift, Wheels and tires but I'm okay with that.

Now to order my new Rubicon

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Sold - Ended up selling to a Ford dealer of all people. Got 38K for it. Not too shabby for a 2020 that had an MSRP of $41,170. I lost money in the lift, Wheels and tires but I'm okay with that.

Now to order my new Rubicon
And to wait 3 months before the new truck is delivered.
Sponsored