First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I am looking at upgrading my sport's stock H/T's to some Rubicon takeoffs.

I've read that if you increase tires size, it may require a programmer (Tazer?) to set the shift points. Will a change from 30/31's to 33's need that, or would that be for a more extreme tire size change?

Thanks
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Any change in tire size, whether up or down, will cause your speedometer to not read true.
Truth be known, most speedo's are off a percentage either direction.

I went with the Tazer Lite, gives you other options if you decide to make other changes.

A guy I work with uses the Jscan app., all in on that is a little over $100 and you can do it all from your smart phone.

OP
OP

Wrludlow

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Any change in tire size, whether up or down, will cause your speedometer to not read true.

I went with the Tazer Lite, gives you other options if you decide to make other changes.

A guy I work with uses the Jscan app., all in on that is a little over $100 and you can do it all from your smart phone.
Ok thanks. Is the only effect on the tire change the speedo? Or would adding 2 inches to tire diameter mess with the transmission at all?

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
My JT may have been a fluke, but the day I went and picked up my Rubi take offs I had about a 4.5 hour drive one way, while I was traveling on the interstate I gps'd my speed-o with stocks and found I was a couple of mph off. When I picked up my take offs from a forum member I went to the local tire store and had them mount the wheels, on the way home I pulled out the gps and ...im dead on. Makes me wonder if they dont have at least some if not all JT's calibrated for the 285/70's? I dont know. Like I say, mine may be a fluke.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

I can attest that the JScan works great for the price, and has quite a few more options than just tire size. If does not have locker nor sway bar dropout like the Tazer Mini does, which may be desirable to some.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I can attest that the JScan works great for the price, and has quite a few more options than just tire size. If does not have locker nor sway bar dropout like the Tazer Mini does, which may be desirable to some.
Don't forget the Tazer also allows you to keep the A.S.S. setting you used last. So if you turned it off, it stays off until you manually turn it back on. Personally, I keep mine off, because I'm not a fan of the auto start-stop feature. It will wear the damn motor out quicker, or cause something else to break or wear-out that will cost more money to fix. Personally I think they should just stop putting that shit in vehicles altogether. Global Warming is a myth anyway.

The Tazer also allows you to change your lights up, and if you swap out your factory halogens for factory LED's you can do that with the Tazer, too, and lots of other functions, like adjusting what PSI the TPMS light will trip at.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
also a cheap way to calibrate the speedo is using a "Aev Procal Snap" since you can calibrate the the speedo and if you regear you can calibrate that as well........and its really small compared to the RC calibrator

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer all the way, has so many useful features and they are always adding more.
Yeah that's for sure man,isnt there like 80 features, for example to make the engine ramp up when using a winch,tpms delete and all that

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that's for sure man,isnt there like 80 features, for example to make the engine ramp up when using a winch,tpms delete and all that
Yep, the Tazer JL Mini is ridiculous! You can change tire size, gear ratio, transfer case gear ratio (if you put higher or lower gears in it or swap cases), you can lock the rear locker in 2wd, you can disconnect the sway bar in 2wd, TPMS turn on/off, TPMS PSI adjustment, High-beams with fog lights (this is a VERY underrated feature until you use it, then you wonder how you lived without it), if you have the 8.4" Navi setup, you can set it where your backup camera pops on when you use your turn signals so you can see behind you, you can do all kinds of stuff! It's worth the money. And if you buy it from their website, you can buy a 2year extended warranty for $20 more (which I did to cover any possible electrical issues).

Here's a list of what it will do from their website...

Jeep Gladiator Tire change/ programmer *advice* Tazer JL Mini
Sponsored