Sponsored

Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Hey all, just wanted to share in case others were researching as well. Some gladiators come with a tire fill assist but for those with build dates after June 21', they may not. My build date was Spet 21' and didn't have this feature.

After some researching with my local dealer who has a great off road section in the showroom, they experimented and this is how they got it added for me. Something about adding a sales code and somehow they got it programmed into my Mojave.

I believe you do have to have the 8.4 screen as a pre-req. But at least now it shows up in my apps.

For those of you that don't know what it does..... You set it up each time you air down (as low as 15lbs) or back up, then start airing up each tire. When the tire gets to your preselected and applied psi, the vehicle will honk to alert you that your at the desired pressure. Flashers do flash while doing this to make you aware that the tire fill alert is doing its thing.

Apologies for the bad pics

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date received_920117808864179

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date received_207146174908899
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glendawg619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 2 door JKR, '20 JTR, '21 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Hey all, just wanted to share in case others were researching as well. Some gladiators come with a tire fill assist but for those with build dates after June 21', they may not. My build date was Spet 21' and didn't have this feature.

After some researching with my local dealer who has a great off road section in the showroom, they experimented and this is how they got it added for me. Something about adding a sales code and somehow they got it programmed into my Mojave.

I believe you do have to have the 8.4 screen as a pre-req. But at least now it shows up in my apps.

For those of you that don't know what it does..... You set it up each time you air back up off a trail, then start airing up each tire. When the tire gets to your preselected and applied psi, the vehicle will honk to alert you that your at the desired pressure. Flashers to flash while doing this to make you aware that the tire fill assist is doing its thing.
Thats cool I had no idea about this feature.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Thats cool I had no idea about this feature.
Neither did I haha.... until I saw a youtube video talking about it. Went into my apps and it wasn't there. But now it is. My kids go with me wheeling so they help me air down and up. My younger one usually sits in the driver seat calling out PSI after 30lbs so I know when to shut down the compressor. No longer needed.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear it can be added. They went through this with the early 2020 truck like mine where it was advertised, but missing. Then they later released a TSB to have it flashed and turn on the features, so I got it added to mine. It is actually a pretty handy feature, especially with tire deflators.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

For those of you that don't know what it does..... You set it up each time you air back up off a trail, then start airing up each tire. When the tire gets to your preselected and applied psi, the vehicle will honk to alert you that your at the desired pressure. Flashers do flash while doing this to make you aware that the tire fill assist is doing its thing.

Apologies for the bad pics

Jeep Gladiator Tire Fill Alert added for a Sept 21' build date received_207146174908899

It's actually in settings under safety and driving assistance, you just have to check it

Sponsored

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
It's actually in settings under safety and driving assistance, you just have to check it
Yes if you have it. But for those of us with newer build dates, it's not there. But can be added by the dealer.

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW

Thanks for the info. I saw it on my window sticker. Mine has a build date of 2/21. I have the icon but you cannot select it. Hmmm... Next time at the dealer I'll have them look at it.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Wow who knew! I’ll be looking for this later.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Thanks for the info. I saw it on my window sticker. Mine has a build date of 2/21. I have the icon but you cannot select it. Hmmm... Next time at the dealer I'll have them look at it.
Did you try going into your safety and driving settings, select it there, then go back into your apps to set the psi and apply

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have found the TPMS to be rather slow in reacting during inflating, is it more 'live' with this feature?

Sponsored

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
Did you try going into your safety and driving settings, select it there, then go back into your apps to set the psi and apply
Thanks, I'll go try that as soon as the boss turns his back.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes if you have it. But for those of us with newer build dates, it's not there. But can be added by the dealer.
Why would only older build dates have it and not the latest ones?

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure the exact details but builds after June of 21' don't have it like mine.
How long does it take for them to add? I haven't checked mine yet
Sponsored