First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I just picked up my jtr yesterday. I see it has a tire fill icon on the dash but it is not lit up the truck tire pressure was set to 41 and it wandered around at freeway speeds so I dropped the pressure to 32. Much better I can’t get the tire fill icon to work. So my low pressure light stays on. On the way home hot temps and freeway speeds raised the pressure high enough so the warning light went off. My questions. Are is there a way to get the tire filll icon to work? If I install a tazer to handle this will it interfere. With the tire fill icon?
Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Black tape over the dashboard orange icon. When the tires are low at start or if there is a change in pressure, the 4 tire location display will come on, but you can scroll thru the displays to change it for each drive. I know what you are talking about, and this sounds wrong, but as far as I know, there is know way to turn that useless dummy light off when you select a custom pressure for ride comfort. I love my JT, but that feature, along with the useless Max Tow trailer mirrors is a huge disappointment. Everything else ROCKS!

I've had mine 1 whole year now!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just get a Tazer JL Mini and you can turn TPMS off completely.

Or, you can adjust the TPMS settings to not alert you until it gets down to 25 PSI, which is what I did.

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
how accurate is the computer pressure reading vs a separate tire pressure gauge?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
how accurate is the computer pressure reading vs a separate tire pressure gauge?
I haven't checked yet, but I've heard it's off by 4-5 PSI. I'll check someday when I get around to it. For now, everything is working fine, so no need to mess with it.

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I had to go to the owner's manual for this one. On my manual transmission JTR, I have to put the ignition in RUN mode (engine not running) and set the parking brake. Once the parking brake is set, I then have access to the selectable tire fill alert system. I can then change the tire fill alert pressure down to as low as 15 psi, but I haven't played with it enough to see if that also changes the pressure that activates the tire pressure warning system icon on the dash.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I just picked up my jtr yesterday. I see it has a tire fill icon on the dash but it is not lit up the truck tire pressure was set to 41 and it wandered around at freeway speeds so I dropped the pressure to 32. Much better I can’t get the tire fill icon to work. So my low pressure light stays on. On the way home hot temps and freeway speeds raised the pressure high enough so the warning light went off. My questions. Are is there a way to get the tire filll icon to work? If I install a tazer to handle this will it interfere. With the tire fill icon?
If you are talking about the Tire Fill Assist app (icon) on the Uconnect screen, that has to first be turned on in "Settings." Go to "Settings"/"Safety and Driving Assistance" and then check the box for "Tire Fill Assist."

It really has nothing to do with the tire warning light in the instrument cluster (except that you can use it to assist in filling the tire as a remedy for the tire warning light that's telling you that the tire pressure is low, or perhaps high in your case.)
Sponsored