Tire pressure warning reset??

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
It is getting colder in Pittsburgh and it’s TPMS warning season. all 4 tires now dropped to 31psi (down from 34 when warmer). but only driver front and passenger rear have warning, other two are fine.

once tires warm up later in the day I am running 34/35 but pressure light stays on for those 2 tires.

Can I reset psi manually in settings or something?

Alert is telling me to air up to 37 psi.

ca
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is getting colder in Pittsburgh and it’s TPMS warning season. all 4 tires now dropped to 31psi (down from 34 when warmer). but only driver front and passenger rear have warning, other two are fine.

once tires warm up later in the day I am running 34/35 but pressure light stays on for those 2 tires.

ca
To get rid of the warning, I think you'll have to get them up to at least 33psi cold. It has a range it compares to based on the factory recommended settings. I don't know if that can be adjusted without the aid of a dealer.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The warning goes off when the computer reads tire pressure of 36 or higher. It can then be dropped back down a few without coming in again.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE

ca
To clear the warning air up to 37 psi and then you can drop them back to 32. I believe the warning starts at 31 psi, at least on mine it does.
Good luck

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I JL Tazered mine to alarm at 25PSI & run at 31Psi

Sponsored

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
What trim package do you have? Do you have a 7in or 8.4 inch radio? If so you can change it in there.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is a huge problem with my wife's Grand Cherokee. In Iowa the temp swings can be dramatic and usually are in the fall and spring. She gets really upset when her TPM goes off, shows all 4 tires at say 32 and one of them at 31 because it's cold.
Then if I appease her by putting air in, when it gets warm later then they are too high.
I can't for the life of me figure out how they can control the engine and transmission to the Nth degree based on fractions of a degree in temperature, angle, or fractions of a bar in air pressure but can't bloody compensate for tires that read low because the temp was 70 yesterday and 20 today! Air in a certain volume at a certain temp and pressure will change xx in pressure at yy degrees drop in temp.

Not all of us can press a button and have the tires air themselves up - and when this happens it's danged cold outside and I have to fumble with a gauge and hose at my shop. (my shop generally full of other cars I'm working on)

The dealers even say "yeah, this is a problem in Iowa in the winter" - they have said that to my wife for over two years now.
I keep telling my wife IGNORE ANYTHING it says about your tires unless one is at least 4 pounds LESS than the others. If they are all within a pound or two of each other, put tape on the dash or something. She can't ignore it so I'll be dealing with it again this week.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sorry I forgot to ask if it was a Rubicon I think that may only be available on the Rubicon
Yes i have a Overland and have off-road pages but not tire fill alert

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Good morning everyone... i just bought a JT on tuesday, and everything has been great thus far (about to roll 100miles). I noticed my TPMS light was flashing this morning, so i scrolled though the command center screens and it shows the graphic of the vehicle and 4 tires... the front have red dashes (nothing registered) the rear are both 42psi. Will turning the vehicle off the vehicle or unplugging the battery reset this sensor fault? Id hate to think in under 100 miles i would have to go back to the dealership to have the vehicle flashed. Thanks,

bustercat23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Sonoma, 2020 LE Gladiator Firecracker Red
You can go into Uconnect controls go into the settings and enable the tire pressure settings then go into tpms and you can adjust them on the screen
Now that cold air hit Ohio, my front tires dropped to 29 briefly. Don't want to air up to 37 to turn off warning. I have a Rubicon Launch but have been all over the settings and can't find tire pressure.
Sponsored