Tire pressure with 33” Falken Wildpeaks

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
What tire pressure are all of you running with 33” Falken Wildpeaks ?

Dealer delivered it to me with 42 psi which I immediately brought it down to 32PSI cold temps.

I’m just wondering what the rest of you are running with your gladiators :)
Sponsored

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
What tire pressure are all of you running with 33” Falken Wildpeaks ?

Dealer delivered it to me with 42 psi which I immediately brought it down to 32PSI cold temps.

I’m just wondering what the rest of you are running with your gladiators :)
37 psi cold here to agree with the label on the door jamb.
After driving several miles the tires warm up and pressure on the dash display approaches 40 psi.

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
37 psi cold here to agree with the label on the door jamb.
After driving several miles the tires warm up and pressure on the dash display approaches 40 psi.
Yeah mine set to 32 cold reach about 37 to 38 hot in this Georgia 98 degree weather

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
Im running them at 36psi.

They usually heat up to around 38psi.

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I've been experimenting since I took delivery 2 weeks ago and right now I'm at 35 front and 32 rear and its a lot more stable at highway speeds
then when I left dealer lot they had 42psi all around and rode really harsh and had the steering wander issue everyone complains about! At this psi I have very little wandering but vaguely detectable, not sure if I'll keep them at this level yet

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to air them all to 36 to see how she drives. I did notice hey don’t go up much in PSI when hot compared to when I had them at 32

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Probably really dumb to ask about 35's in this thread huh? Or would the pressure for those need to be the same as the 33's?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Probably really dumb to ask about 35's in this thread huh? Or would the pressure for those need to be the same as the 33's?
I run my 35s on my JL at around 35 PSI. It's highly subjective but works for me in terms of comfort. You might need to play around with different pressures to find what works best for you.
The CORRECT answer is to do the "chalk test." Google is your friend to explain how this is done.

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run my 35s on my JL at around 35 PSI. It's highly subjective but works for me in terms of comfort. You might need to play around with different pressures to find what works best for you.
The CORRECT answer is to do the "chalk test." Google is your friend to explain how this is done.
Very true statements. On my wife’s JL Sahara with the rubi rims and KO2 33” we ride them at 31psi cold and the Jeep drives amazing compared to the stock 18 Bridgestone duelers at 36psi.

shit wife and I can even both say that since we switched out her rim/tire setup, her Jeep steering wandering issue was greatly improved as well was ride comfort. Little more noise due to tire thread but lower PSI makes for a smoother ride in her JL

Glad17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Industrial Firefighter
Bringing this thread back to life. Got a new gladiator rubicon with the wildpeak at3 a couple weeks ago and found the steering wanted to wonder. Yesterday got into some mud and when I drove back onto the road the tires were taking a long time to clean themselves. Got out and looked and the tires at 36 psi were crowned so bad that the edges were still completely filled with clay. Today I brought them down to 32psi and did a Chalk test and the tire was still wearing mostly in the centre. What is everyone else running for pressure?

Sponsored

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
drove off the lot where they had 40 psi cold ... I let it wander all over the place and used this to try to convince SWMBO that better tires in a 37" size would fix the wandering. Pretty sure she knew I was full of BS. I think just said okay to humor me, and she knew I was going to do this anyway.
🤪

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
34 cold here.