Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Here is my install write up.
TL;DR there were no instructions, they don’t completely cover the pinch seam or tightly curve to the body, you have to cut off brackets on the rear frame, and drill 13 holes in the frame... but the craftsmanship seems top notch and sturdy.

I was shopping for a long time, wanted LOD destroyers but they’re not coming. Don’t like the look of the Armor Lite. Not waiting for Roam’s rusty product.
Schrockworks and Rusty’s were in the running as well.
Almost ordered Rock Hard angled down steps 100 times but just wasn’t sold on the look; if I had to do it over I’d get those instead for more straight forward install and likely sturdier mounting, as well as covering seam.
Then, I saw somebody mention TNT steps and liked that they were a little different from what’s been out, and that their stuff is sturdy.

Well, I still like the look but the install was a real B*#@. There were zero instructions, really? They have instructions for other products online so I think these are just too new.
They come bare metal, NBD I planned on priming/painting. I was gonna have them powder coated but read so many opinions on painting them so they’re easier to touch up when they get scraped... time will tell if I regret this.
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review 5BAC45FF-419C-42B3-A2C8-0FED35ED22EF

Shot them with several coats of primer, followed by several coats of flat black and waited couple days to let paint harden.

Then, I tried lining them up to drill the frame.
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review 03780B4F-F23C-4589-8FDA-EEB266E65E09

There is a vertical bracket at the rear of the frame that you need to cut to clear room for the rear mount. Not super happy about having to do that extra work:facepalm:
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review 9D95FDB3-36EC-43DF-9139-8A0B96ACBD2D

I should’ve taken a before shot, but you can see where I had to cut/grind the bracket just above that rearmost hole, it was sticking down about to the hole. Used a cutoff wheel to remove it about even with the tab welded flush with the frame; ideally prob remove just a bit higher than that line actually.

Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review D351493B-F117-4CF8-833E-B6378CF5A553

I used the middle mount to help line everything up, which is convenient since it’s where you can center the Jack.
there are three mounts, and all three have bolts to drill/mount to the side of the frame.
The front mount also has a lip that goes underneath the frame, and a flag nut/bolt that attaches. Driver side does not have a hole for the bottom bolt and needs to be drilled. The passenger side has a hole and also uses the transmission bolts, so no holes drilled for passenger front mount - yay!
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review DC6EEEC5-7D01-4C93-87A3-B224F752DF30

The middle mount goes under the body bolt, so you have to take off the middle body bolt as well as the two smaller nuts next to it. The body bolt doesn’t actually attach or tighten to the slider mount, but I had to remove it to get the slider mount into position. People worry about the body bolts but I went slow and kept backing it out, and it was the easiest part of the whole freaking install..
The rear mount only attaches to the side of the frame so has less of a reference point.
I used a Jack to try to position it as best I could, tightened the nuts beside the body bolt and the flag nut on bottom of the front mount. Then, I marked my holes, dropped the slider and went to drillin’.
I guess you could drill the holes and screw it in without removing the slider, but there’s no real way to drill the top hole on the rear mount without removing the slider. Lining it back up after wasn’t really that hard too be honest.
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review 6F9CDFC9-EE94-4D49-A164-82F833698550
But, it was a real pain in the ass drilling all those holes in the frame without a lift! You have to push hard and it’s awkward positioning.
I bought some cobalt bits which helped, and pilot holes are an absolute MUST. Then buzzed through with a step bit.
I do like how they look, but I didn’t realize how much extra work went into mounting these compared to a straight bolt on affair.

13mm x4 and 10mm x8 Rubicon sliders
18mm x2 bolts passenger side tranny mount
18mm body bolt and 16mmx2 bolts beside body bolt
I think I drilled like 9/16 or something for the bottom bolts with the flag nuts.
I went to 5/16 with the step bit for the screws; I also used 3/8-16 tap for passenger side after struggling with driver side self-tapping screws, they had a hard time biting. I think that caused me to drill a little too much with the step bit and I stripped two of the frame holes with the screws on the driver side:headbang:
To be honest the frame isn’t that thick and after stripping a couple holes I’m not as confident how sturdy these mount.. maybe I’ll spend some more time on them and weld them on:puke:

since these are relatively new/unknown I hope this helps other people decide or install. I can load more pics
Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review A7B30267-E437-495E-8A34-26A3E81A3E6E

Jeep Gladiator TNT Customs Expedition Rock Sliders install and review 7650818E-AD56-428E-A1B0-E5C8F105706A
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
awwww man,after waiting for....Yes a whole 3 months,ive been waiting for my rustys offroad rock sliders i might just cancel my order and either buy some coilovers......or the same rock sliders from Tnt except they are the adventure series sliders,I dont know man i really love the look of them but good lord man im really starting to get pissed off hell i even bought a whole set of wheels and a bunch of other goodies for the truck while ive been waiting but yeah.Im in a bit of a pickle on my decisions