First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Moving my Tyger T3 tri fold cover to a new Gladiator from the old, and the weatherstripping tape on the front rail by the cab isn't really reuseable (didn't come up cleanly). Looking for a recommendation to a decent seal tape replacement
Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Moving my Tyger T3 tri fold cover to a new Gladiator from the old, and the weatherstripping tape on the front rail by the cab isn't really reuseable (didn't come up cleanly). Looking for a recommendation to a decent seal tape replacement
This will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/API-LDTT150P...en+face+truck+cap+tape&qid=1638634106&sr=8-58

If you have a lot of old gooey adhesive from the old seal to clean off before applying the new tape, can use liquid tar remover, or Goo Gone to remove it.

After cleaning off all the old seal tape, stick it to the bottom side of the cover's front rail & peel off the paper liner on the top surface of the tape before reinstalling.

If you need it to be thicker to make a nice tight seal to the bed (you most likely will), just add additional layers as needed.
This is the "open face" cap tape, and will seal & layer much better than tape with the mylar top surface. This comes from over 20 years experience in the truck cap & accessory installation business.

An inexpensive way to go, and the leftover extra tape can come in handy for any future sealing, or padding projects that you may have.

Hope this is a help.

Dave

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
This will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/API-LDTT150P...en+face+truck+cap+tape&qid=1638634106&sr=8-58

If you have a lot of old gooey adhesive from the old seal to clean off before applying the new tape, can use liquid tar remover, or Goo Gone to remove it.

After cleaning off all the old seal tape, stick it to the bottom side of the cover's front rail & peel off the paper liner on the top surface of the tape before reinstalling.

If you need it to be thicker to make a nice tight seal to the bed (you most likely will), just add additional layers as needed.
This is the "open face" cap tape, and will seal & layer much better than tape with the mylar top surface. This comes from over 20 years experience in the truck cap & accessory installation business.

An inexpensive way to go, and the leftover extra tape can come in handy for any future sealing, or padding projects that you may have.

Hope this is a help.

Dave
thx Dave I will give that a shot!

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I ordered some thicker seals and should be here Monday Iā€™ll let you know how they work I donā€™t like the thin ones

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I ordered some thicker seals and should be here Monday Iā€™ll let you know how they work I donā€™t like the thin ones
sounds good, i'm indifferent to thick or thin, so always interested in everyone's opinion

where did you order from? Amazon?

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
sounds good, i'm indifferent to thick or thin, so always interested in everyone's opinion

where did you order from? Amazon?
I have the Mopar hard Tonnele cover and that comes with a thicker seal and they do sell it on Amazon but when you get it they replaced it with the thin one which honestly isnā€™t as nice as the thicker one

So I reached out to the forum sponsor here all Mopar parts and they found me the OEM part number so I order that hopefully itā€™s the thick one and not the thin one

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I have the Mopar hard Tonnele cover and that comes with a thicker seal and they do sell it on Amazon but when you get it they replaced it with the thin one which honestly isnā€™t as nice as the thicker one

So I reached out to the forum sponsor here all Mopar parts and they found me the OEM part number so I order that hopefully itā€™s the thick one and not the thin one
Ok if you report back thatā€™s itā€™s decent I may PM you for the part number
Sponsored