Not open for further replies.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
This is directly in reference to our Bed Rack at JCR, but it should help you with some other manufactures racks as well if they mount like ours.

A roll-up cover is really the only non-permanent way to cover your bed if you have a bed rack. There isn't a lot of room on the bed rails for a cover to sit, so ideally it would sit between the rails only. We found that all of the Access Roll-Up covers mount in this way.

We installed the Access LITERIDER today. We added a little thicker weatherstripping to take up the extra space that our mounts make (see video.)

We will say that we prefer the one-handed unlatching cord of the Access Original or Limited Edition over the LITERIDER separate lock and latch. It may be worth the extra coin to you as well. They offer the Lorado as well if you want the cover to be a .5" shorter (1" total over bed height.)

There TrailRail version mounts directly to the rail (just like our bed rack if you have that option) so it would work the same as shown the video.

We aren't sponsored by Access or a dealer, but so far their covers have worked the best across our racks for different model vehicles.

Video overview here:
Sponsored

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
Awesome now I can order the jcr
tall rack I was hoping this option would pop up
Thx jcr !

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Oh man... now I wish I didn't get the factory roll up!!! Damn...

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
This is directly in reference to our Bed Rack at JCR, but it should help you with some other manufactures racks as well if they mount like ours.

A roll-up cover is really the only non-permanent way to cover your bed if you have a bed rack. There isn't a lot of room on the bed rails for a cover to sit, so ideally it would sit between the rails only. We found that all of the Access Roll-Up covers mount in this way.

We installed the Access LITERIDER today. We added a little thicker weatherstripping to take up the extra space that our mounts make (see video.)

We will say that we prefer the one-handed unlatching cord of the Access Original or Limited Edition over the LITERIDER separate lock and latch. It may be worth the extra coin to you as well. They offer the Lorado as well if you want the cover to be a .5" shorter (1" total over bed height.)

There TrailRail version mounts directly to the rail (just like our bed rack if you have that option) so it would work the same as shown the video.

We aren't sponsored by Access or a dealer, but so far their covers have worked the best across our racks for different model vehicles.

Video overview here:
What's the capacity? Thinking about the full height.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Are you guys going to be at the overland expo in october? I'm trying to decide if i should order now or just get it there if you have a show discount.

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Have you had it our in the rain yet? I am wondering how well the seal holds up to a sustained heavy rain.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
What's the capacity? Thinking about the full height.
Jeep rates the bed at 500lbs.

Are you guys going to be at the overland expo in october? I'm trying to decide if i should order now or just get it there if you have a show discount.
Yes, we will be there, come find us :)

Have you had it our in the rain yet? I am wondering how well the seal holds up to a sustained heavy rain.
Rain is ok if you take your time sealing it up. Automatic carwash does blow in between the top of the gate and the cover.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Jeep rates the bed at 500lbs.

Yes, we will be there, come find us :)

Rain is ok if you take your time sealing it up. Automatic carwash does blow in between the top of the gate and the cover.
Thanks. I’ll have to spend more time hand washing then, lol. Love the rack can’t wait to get surplus to buy it.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Shot a video today of the full height version.
Awesome! Thank you. I was really wondering how my setup is going to look and how difficult this is going to be. Glad to see it will be easy. I can't wait to get my rack! See you guys at the overland expo.

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m happy people are doing this but for a $60,000 starting platform, I would rather spend more, perhaps custom fabricate if necessary, for better fit, function, and hopefully water resistance.

still waiting/looking

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Really looking for a hard tonneau (security) and the ability to have a rack to mount Kayaks, SUPs, Bikes, Rooftop carrier, etc.

Any suggestions?

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Boy. Not yet. I’m looking for the exact same thing.

I currently have that setup on my Chevy Colorado an love it.

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Video overview here:
Okay JCR, now it's time to test it with a retractable cover ;)

Truck Covers USA
has announced they're releasing a Gladiator-specific version of their retractable tonneau cover, and it sure looks like it would work just as well with your bed rack as the Access ones do, if not a million times better since they would slide up inside their own tracks and not have any janky "roll one side up then the other to get around our bars" issues every time you wanted to open or shut them.

If someone can test this and show that it works, I'll buy them both the next day!

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Okay JCR, now it's time to test it with a retractable cover ;)

Truck Covers USA
has announced they're releasing a Gladiator-specific version of their retractable tonneau cover, and it sure looks like it would work just as well with your bed rack as the Access ones do, if not a million times better since they would slide up inside their own tracks and not have any janky "roll one side up then the other to get around our bars" issues every time you wanted to open or shut them.

If someone can test this and show that it works, I'll buy them both the next day!
It really depends on how much the cover goes over the bed rails. Have they released any photos?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.