Tonneau Covers recommendations?

TampaFred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks to the admins for allowing me to join this group. I bought my first Jeep a couple of weeks ago and among other things I want to get a tonneau cover. I like the fold up like the BAKFlip and also interested in the revolver. Both look to be secure and have a good fit. I also need one that is easiest to remove for those times I need every inch of bed space. I was told the flip can be removed by unscrewing a pair of bolts. I'm not focusing on any particular manufacturer, just want the security, fit, and ease of removal.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TampaFred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I love my mopar soft rolling cover. I have a bestop one sitting in the garage ill be trying soon though.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Thanks for the link but didn't notice the ease of removal being addressed. I plan to get a rampage lift for those times when I will be towing the Gladiator behind a RV and carrying my goldwing in the back. The wing will need all the bed length possible.
I had a Bakflip hard tri fold (MX4) on my last Tundra and loved it. It is simply two bolts to remove the entire cover portion (rails remain attached, just the folding part, but there will be nothing in the way at the front).

I installed the Bakflip revolver X4s on my Gladiator to try something different, and I think I actually like it even more (MX4 was going to be my second choice.) It completely removes with 4 bolts, so takes just a minute longer, but then it too is totally out of the way (side rails still remain).

I'd recommend either honestly (had the MX4 for 5 years and looked great when I traded truck in), they both will be easy enough to remove when you load your bike, and are great to live with on a day to day basis. One thing of note, the MX4 trifold isn't ideal for soft tops (hard top is fine) because when fully open it is propped up against the rear cab of truck to remain secure. Wasn't an issue on the Tundra, but would be on my soft top Gladiator.

For my money I'd go revolver X4s again.... it's a very slick and well done cover.

If you do either Bakflip option, reach out to Alex@RealTruck on the boards, he can get you a nice discount over retail.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Covers recommendations? JT2021LS

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Covers recommendations? 21JTX4s

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Covers recommendations? 20170912_125033

OP
OP

TampaFred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with the revolver x4s. It sounds simple enough to remove.
Sponsored