Sponsored

Took the stock steps off my Overland.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So I’ve never liked the look of the big steps on my Jeep. More importantly, the height of the step made it pretty much useless for me. So here a rough before and after. I’m not too keen on the look but I think it’s an improvement. Might have to grab some better looking, more functional steps here soon.

They were nice for the added protection from whatever the tires decide to kick up. May have to grab some mud flaps also.

72575541-AD2D-4035-B597-A72BAF6F1015.jpeg

028D221A-9056-4E2B-9262-3C575CA6CCD4.jpeg
Sponsored

HuskyTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So I’ve never liked the look of the big steps on my Jeep. More importantly, the height of the step made it pretty much useless for me. So here a rough before and after. I’m not too keen on the look but I think it’s an improvement. Might have to grab some better looking, more functional steps here soon.

They were nice for the added protection from whatever the tires decide to kick up. May have to grab some mud flaps also.

72575541-AD2D-4035-B597-A72BAF6F1015.jpeg

028D221A-9056-4E2B-9262-3C575CA6CCD4.jpeg
I agree. I don’t use them and when you get out you drag your leg over them and any mud or dirt get on you. But the wife likes them so they will stay I guess.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Right! I had to step out and away to keep my pants from getting muddy or wet. I’m browsing the N fab steps now. I would like something that is a bit lower. Something that feels like a more natural step up in to the vehicle.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
i replaced mine with Mopar performance rails . smaller step but easier for me to step around them.
ARB Compressor.jpg

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
i replaced mine with Mopar performance rails . smaller step but easier for me to step around them.
ARB Compressor.jpg
That looks better than what I have. It appears to be the same height though. It’s just a weird height for me. By the time I step up high enough to use the step, I might as well lift my leg a few more inches to get all the way in lol.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m so glad my Overland came with the Mopar tubular side steps. I hate the look of the Overland standard ones.

I looked at a lot of different Gladiators when I bought mine. I was shopping several different dealers and their inventory. When I finally agreed on a deal and found one within their dealership network of several dealerships I didn’t even notice that it had those. I found the one with all of the options that I wanted in Sting Gray, but only noticed that it didn’t have the spray in bedliner or bed cover and negotiated that. The side steps were a pleasant surprise.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’m so glad my Overland came with the Mopar tubular side steps. I hate the look of the Overland standard ones.

I looked at a lot of different Gladiators when I bought mine. I was shopping several different dealers and their inventory. When I finally agreed on a deal and found one within their dealership network of several dealerships I didn’t even notice that it had those. I found the one with all of the options that I wanted in Sting Gray, but only noticed that it didn’t have the spray in bedliner or bed cover and negotiated that. The side steps were a pleasant surprise.
They look like they should be on an SUV or minivan. I’m leaning towards the Nfab predator pro steps. Little costly, but they’re the sharpest looking steps I’ve come across.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I like the Rock Hard sliders whose outer tubes serve as steps. You can get angled up or angled down depending on the step position you prefer. I got angled up and am happy with them. They also serve as anti-door-slammers when parked and someone careless flings their door open. You can augment the powder coat finish for anti-slip with Shur Tape anti-skid tread tape from Lowe's, etc.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
They’re also aluminum. I won’t be doing much, if any, off-roading.
Mine must have been too because they got some paint chipped off in a few areas from normal wear and tear and I never touched them up and they never rusted at all in three years.

edit: I actually had the Rough Country model, my father has the N-Fab on his Colorado. I think they are the same thing with different stamping. They appear to be identical. No rust at all on his either.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I agree. I don’t use them and when you get out you drag your leg over them and any mud or dirt get on you. But the wife likes them so they will stay I guess.
same here. Only have mine for the wife. Prefer the rock sliders as they hug the pinch welds better and offer better protection

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That looks better than what I have. It appears to be the same height though. It’s just a weird height for me. By the time I step up high enough to use the step, I might as well lift my leg a few more inches to get all the way in lol.
yes it's a high step for sure i once had N-fab on my 2011 JKUR really helped the wife very usable but serious off roading would destroy them.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Rock Hard sliders whose outer tubes serve as steps. You can get angled up or angled down depending on the step position you prefer. I got angled up and am happy with them. They also serve as anti-door-slammers when parked and someone careless flings their door open. You can augment the powder coat finish for anti-slip with Shur Tape anti-skid tread tape from Lowe's, etc.
i had the Rock hard patriot side step/sliders on my 2014 Jkus angled down very heavy duty but slick when wet i put grip tape , that helped the wife but rubbed my legs bad stepping out not using them lol
AEV.jpg

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
i had the Rock hard patriot side step/sliders on my 2014 Jkus angled down very heavy duty but slick when wet i put grip tape , that helped the wife but rubbed my legs bad stepping out not using them lol
AEV.jpg
It was nice not having to step out 6” away from the Jeep today. I would just leave it bare but I don’t much like the holes showing.
Sponsored