Sponsored

Torn between Launch edition and Gator

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
First off I have been following the forums on here nearly every day, but didn’t feel the need to post up til now. I plan on being more active posting on here.

So I was lucky enough to get in on a Silver Launch edition. Dealer says it will be here in 2-3 weeks. Im getting it 1% below invoice. As everyone knows it loaded out! When I build my gladiator Rubi online I’m nearly 10k under on the options. They’re nice but it seems overkill for a lot of them.

I like the rarity of it and the options would be cool too. I have the money, but I’m a believer in value as well. I feel like the LE might lose its ass in value in a couple years?

My other option is Gator green with cloth interior and such. I’m 50/50 on the colors it’s the options /value and such that’s got me torn. Weigh in my fellow gladiators and sway me!
Sponsored

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If you don't mind waiting get the gator..... figure Gator is your first choice...
I chose a firecracker LE over a loaded punkin rubi because I don't want to wait.
Even as recent as this past memorial weekend I was tempted to change course all together on a different brand....:blush:
cuz the LE takes too long....

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
First off I have been following the forums on here nearly every day, but didn’t feel the need to post up til now. I plan on being more active posting on here.

So I was lucky enough to get in on a Silver Launch edition. Dealer says it will be here in 2-3 weeks. Im getting it 1% below invoice. As everyone knows it loaded out! When I build my gladiator Rubi online I’m nearly 10k under on the options. They’re nice but it seems overkill for a lot of them.

I like the rarity of it and the options would be cool too. I have the money, but I’m a believer in value as well. I feel like the LE might lose its ass in value in a couple years?

My other option is Gator green with cloth interior and such. I’m 50/50 on the colors it’s the options /value and such that’s got me torn. Weigh in my fellow gladiators and sway me!

I am not sure how well they will hold value compared to other non loaded JTR. But you have a better chance of a higher value than other loaded JTR's because they are all loaded. It helps brake them apart from the pack even if they weren't a limited number of them. So if you want to go loaded. It is a safer bet to get a LE.

Not sure if I helped but at least it is a thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wet_willy

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
I am not sure how then well they will hold value compared to other non loaded JTR. But if you have a better chance of a higher value than other loaded JTR's because they are all loaded. It helps brake them apart from the pack even if they weren't a limited number of them. So if you want to go loaded. It is a safer bet to get a LE.

Not sure if I helped but at least it is a thought.
That is a very good point. Thanks

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

But silver is so boring......

JK. That launch edition will be sweet. But if you don't want/need all the other options on the LE then perhaps you should wait on the release of the Gator color. I think you will end up seeing more silver JTs driving around than Gator when the dust settles.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
First question is how long do you anticipate keeping your jt, what ever color you get?

If you flip cars every 2 years or so there might be a risk of loosing some value. That’s the case regardless of what you get.

If you keep your vehicles for over 5 years I think the LE will be a better value.

While you like the gator color it’s not for everyone and the silver, while somewhat more boring will appeal to more buyers..

Clear as mud?

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler Pacifica, 2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
I'd suggest waiting for the Gator. It remains to be seen what kind of premium the LE will command on the secondary market years from now, but that premium would already seem to be offset by the fact that you're paying an extra $10k to start with for options that you otherwise wouldn't have spec'd. If you were already planning on a "loaded" JTR, the LE may make more sense. I think the wait has a lot of us going a bit crazy ('m personally holding out for Gobi), but waiting an extra few months for Gator seems worth it to me rather than pulling the trigger on another color simply because it's available now, and then regretting it for the next few years while you're driving it every time you see a Gator Jeep drive by. Based solely on my personal "eye test" of the 3 FCA dealerships near me, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some additional sales incentives on these vehicles in the Fall as well as some of the other colors become available. My local dealerships have at least 15+ Gladiators available at the moment, many that are sitting for weeks unsold. I think your bargaining power will only go up as these vehicles continue to saturate the market.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I think you should wait on gator and suffer like the rest of us that are waiting on a late release color. StingGray come on! :LOL:

Actually I am in the opposite camp. I don't think LE will hold any additional value over a non-LE in a similar trim. The average buyer will not know the difference or care.

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
My experience has been once your fixated on the exact vehicle you want you stay with the plan. Otherwise for the life of the vehicle you will always be second guessing yourself. My .02 for the day.

OP
OP
Wet_willy

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good stuff. I feel the tug back to gator! Like Luke struggling with the dark side haha! Forgot to mention I will save 4% below invoice on the gator too vs 1% on the LE.

Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Get the Gator, the LE basically gives a leather dash and a badge, the rest can all be ordered on a Rubi. I had a slot for the LE but given the extra money (less discount on an LE) and having to wait for essentially a leather dash I don't care about, it wasn't worth it. I almost waited for Gobi or Gator, but again, it wasn't worth waiting 6 months for.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I think you should wait on gator and suffer like the rest of us that are waiting on a late release color. StingGray come on! :LOL:

Actually, I am in the opposite camp. I don't think LE will hold any additional value over a non-LE in a similar trim. The average buyer will not know the difference or care.
I could have got an LE, but I chose not to, only because I maxed out my Rubicon order. As for future value. They will carry as much weight as all the other special editions they have made over the years, which is very little premium. You have to want specifically THAT Jeep and the LE brings little to the table other than a badge or 2. Look at what does bring a premium: Shara and Rubicon.

Most of the special editions are barely memorable...

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
Personally I don't like the leather dash. The seam down the middle is weird to me.
I like the red dash on my black truck.
However I do think the badges are cool.
Its the same truck silhouette as the shifter.

OP
OP
Wet_willy

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Silver Launch edition came in today. I have been 50/50 on it vs Gator at 52k with options. It has been a struggle the past few months trying to decide which way to go.

Last week I saw the brochure come out and caught an official glimpse of the Gator, then today after receiving the call that my LE arrived, I checked the jeep build sight and they updated the color. It was all over for the LE at that point. It was just to cool to pass up! Ordering Gator the day it opens!

ABD69CA5-F51D-45CF-AF2A-21DFFF813B44.png

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
I don't think LE will hold any additional value over a non-LE in a similar trim. The average buyer will not know the difference or care.
What he said.......:like:
Sponsored