First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
IT
@Torro-Offroad There had been some prior posts about a member discount and an "adventure package". I am cross shopping a number of hard shell RTTs, and have narrowed down to possibly the 2 person SkyLux.

Can you let me know the latest deal/offer for members.

Anyone else have a SkyLux and like it or dislike it?

I am thinking I can't get the 4 person SkyLux on the truck without a full height rack and overhanging the cab, is that right?
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
If the rack is NOT full height, then you can't overhang the cab. Itll overhang off the bed.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I have the SkyLux 4 person. We bought it when there was a wicked deal on the annex, the awning and insulation. Not sure what deals there are now. I do know that they take FOREVER to actually come in.
We love the RTT. The annex, well.... it is huge, like 10x10 huge (didn't actually measure) you can fit several cots in it. It zips to the tent but does not seal at the sides under the rain-fly. There is a rubber zip in floor, the floor actually comes up about 6" on the sides making it quite weather proof from the bottom but impossible to set up a tight unit. Also since the annex has fixed dimensions and all trucks/vehicles are different heights, it will fit differently for everyone.
Love the RTT itself, love the mattress, the ventilation, etc. HATE the closures-you need the key (I actually got mine) to lock/unlock it. It is a tight unit, we were able to close it with a sleeping bag laid out in it, but that is all you are going to get in it. The top does not seal to the base so the bottom edge of the tent can get dusty/dirty.
Yes, you need a full height rack for the big one. It overhangs the roof about 8" with it being lined up at the tailgate. Being one of the lighter units (160 lbs) out there I don't notice a top heavy problem even on trails.
By the way, it comes with ZERO instructions.

OP
OP

emooretc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
IT
I have the SkyLux 4 person. We bought it when there was a wicked deal on the annex, the awning and insulation. Not sure what deals there are now. I do know that they take FOREVER to actually come in.
We love the RTT. The annex, well.... it is huge, like 10x10 huge (didn't actually measure) you can fit several cots in it. It zips to the tent but does not seal at the sides under the rain-fly. There is a rubber zip in floor, the floor actually comes up about 6" on the sides making it quite weather proof from the bottom but impossible to set up a tight unit. Also since the annex has fixed dimensions and all trucks/vehicles are different heights, it will fit differently for everyone.
Love the RTT itself, love the mattress, the ventilation, etc. HATE the closures-you need the key (I actually got mine) to lock/unlock it. It is a tight unit, we were able to close it with a sleeping bag laid out in it, but that is all you are going to get in it. The top does not seal to the base so the bottom edge of the tent can get dusty/dirty.
Yes, you need a full height rack for the big one. It overhangs the roof about 8" with it being lined up at the tailgate. Being one of the lighter units (160 lbs) out there I don't notice a top heavy problem even on trails.
By the way, it comes with ZERO instructions.
Thanks for the response. I think I have decided to got with a SmittyBilt soft RTT. I couldn't really get any sort of response from Torro on any current promotions/sales, and have heard similar things from others. I think at the price point I want to stay, my best bet is to go soft.

Any chance you have any pictures of your SkyLux on your truck handy to share?

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
The only picture that I have is this one that my wife took.
Currently, it is on a $300- Werner ladder rack from Home Crappo. The rack is rated for 800 lbs., supports it great even rock crawling and has seen hundreds of highway miles. If it were to be my permanent rack, I would cut it down 2-3 inches and shorten the cross bars.
Jeep Gladiator Torro SkyLux 63796927192__DECF55A1-BB0A-4538-B5ED-BF8BE7A4AB9C.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Torro SkyLux IMG_0149.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: