Tow haul?

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Correct me if I’m wrong..... seems like I read somewhere that there’s a tow haul setting on the gladiator. I have looked but haven’t found it anywhere! Am I just getting completely senile? I have towed a couple times first time was my 18’ trailer with a small riding mower, second time was a 24’ pontoon boat estimated weight at 4000, then today same 18’ trailer and my side by side that weighs in at 1500. I know all of these are back there and feel like changing gears happens to soon! Now my Jeep is sport s max tow, with bigger tires of 315/70/17.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
No setting. The software senses the loading and closely approximates what the tow/haul mode would do. It was discussed at the round table a couple days ago.
Well it’s official I’m senile.....

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I wouldn't worry about it. I just towed a 3500 pound 20' travel trailer about 700 miles, including some monster hills. I'm shocked at how well this does. I've been towing various things for a very long time, with anything from substandard vehicles to 3500 diesels. This truck does an amazing job for its size, and I almost never feel like it needs to be managed. The only time I shifted manually was on a couple of medium inclines that went on for many miles, and the trans kept shifting up and down between two gears. So I put it in the lower one to make it stop.
Sponsored