Sponsored

towing a tractor

kyle82502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep liberty limited
Hi, so today we went to an antique tractor show. my family has some old tractors and my family enjoys going to the show. we bought the gladiator knowing we would be towing close to 7,000lb. but today was the first time we pulled our tractors. the trailer we have is a 16-foot equipment trailer it has 2 3,500 lb axles but the trailer weighs 2,200 so it has a max payload of 4,800. our 1939 case cc weighs 4,100 so the combined weight is about 6,300 lb so not max towing but a decent amount of weight. we have the sport s with max tow we also use an Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution hitch w/ 4-Point Sway Control. I was surprised at how it towed. we have a 9% hill that is on the way to the show and coming back we wanted to see how it would do we set cruise at 40 and we counted that is downshifted 4 times and by the time we got to the top (not that long of a hill) we were down to 30 and was at about 5k rpm. so not redline but still pretty high. But it definitely had more to give. we also towed our john deere L and John deere 214 lawnmower. and that load was only 2400 lb (total towed 4600 lb) we did not use the weight distribution hitch for that load and my dad says that at 55 mph he had to keep correcting the steering to keep it going straight. So the Equal-i-zer hitch does work becue when I
was towing the heavier load I did not notice any sort of wandering. For what we do it works great very impressed with the truck

4nqmgleAZNzry5RUCW61IiMSKqK5jVhRwM0s0MAO26-SCGQfZxu77JBleqfWJhNOt9VGogNS5byEzdKUI=w2126-h1594-no.jpg
PLF2r95xu8LI5jhF0FOgOw4jb_5_zTB9SWe8mauSKVwQtB1E2zcF-0gJZE7od9wY3OabKbuBK0oPsILLI=w2126-h1594-no.jpg
YqEtuMXbPZ-vthEayaqXf2Y3jmaMTjOytB7UzuaiunqDBKo5Zma2ddh54dUEBM9tKQN1qPHxz2SnUktAA=w2126-h1594-no.jpg
Sponsored

IsacCornish

First Name
Isac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X6
Occupation
IT
This is a very small tractor. I can't even imagine where I could work with it. I think it couldn't carry my smallest equipment for cultivation. My Haymaking and Silage Equipment from Heming Engineering weighs a lot, this is why I bought a big and powerful tractor. In my opinion, we shouldn't try to save money when we buy equipment for agriculture. First of all, we buy it rarely, and it needs to be durable and qualitative. Once I bought an instrument for the cultivation of the earth because it was very cheap, and after using it I observed that it is not preparing correctly the earth.

Last edited: