Sponsored

Towing Receiver -

Where can you buy a 2 inch receiver that bolts on the towing frame work?

• Total voters

pineywoods34

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I just purchased a Gladiator Sport S. The towing package was not included but the frame work for the hitch was in place attached to the vehicle frame. The 2 inch receiver that bolts on to the frame work was missing. It bolts on with 4 bolts. Anyone know where it can be purchased separate from the total frame work?
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If you did not get any towing package at all, then what you've got is a frame mounted class II hitch. It's basically a steel plate directly under the bumper. You can drill a hole through the plastic covering the bumper in front of the license plate and mount your trailer ball directly to the steel plate through that access hole.

If you want a class III or IV receiver hitch, you'll need to purchase the hitch and then remove your class II hitch to make room for the new class III or IV receiver.

I recommend shopping at etrailer.com. They've got everything you need, sorted by vehicle.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend a receiver even if your primary purpose is not towing.
Why?
Bike racks/carriers that fit in a receiver.
Bed extenders that fit into a receiver.
LOL - trash can haulers that fit into a receiver (a fellow forum member posted that one - really cool)
And other accessories that fit right into a 2" receiver, many I am sure I have not seen yet - perhaps a winch? Other stuff?
It's a nice accessory even if not towing. At this point I make sure when my wife trades her Grand Cherokees every 2.5 years that what she gets has a tow package - never know when a person can use it for stuff and in one case, we helped my son move to a new house - she pulled my car hauler loaded with his stuff behind her GC and I pulled another trailer with my truck and we made the move for him in one pass, a convoy of our vehicles and trailers and racks.
Unless you are really strapped for cash, I'd do what WXman suggested, go there, get a receiver - you won't regret it. And it won't hurt when you go to trade, either. You won't get the money back, but sometimes an accessory simply makes a vehicle look better to a buyer - gee, it's got this or that - even if they never use it - it might help sell the thing later.
That's what I find - even if you don't "get that money back", if an item means a person is more attracted to a vehicle to buy it - it had value.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another item you can use a hitch receiver for:
a2e36ee740c3c7413e09a96d3c667038.jpg

After buying the Gladiator you probably won't have enough buy a pot to ..... in.
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Here is another item you can use a hitch receiver for:
a2e36ee740c3c7413e09a96d3c667038.jpg

After buying the Gladiator you probably won't have enough buy a pot to ..... in.
I almost bought one of those when I was potty training my kids....

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Actually I bought my Gladiator for a great price, $7K off of list price. Someone stole my receiver that was bolted to the hitch tubular frame work that was attached to the vehicle frame. I did not realize that things like that would happen where i live in the piney woods. I have the Mopar looking into the stolen part so that I do not have to replace the whole hitch assembly. So, no need to send anymore snarky posts to my forum account.

I got this PM from the OP of this thread who just joined this forum Thursday. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited: