First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Here are my impressions of towing with a 3" lift and 38" Patagonias.

Haven’t heard anything about the Synergy lift except from your posts. Any idea when they are going to release some details?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
What kind of mileage were you getting before?

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Haven’t heard anything about the Synergy lift except from your posts. Any idea when they are going to release some details?
I just talked with them today about that. They are are aiming for a release by the end of the year. No other details to announce yet. I can confirm that their JL steering kit fits the JT.
What kind of mileage were you getting before?
So I didn’t really do any towing while the truck was stock unfortunately so I can’t compare. I was pleasantly surprised to get 15.2 while towing.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I just talked with them today about that. They are are aiming for a release by the end of the year. No other details to announce yet. I can confirm that their JL steering kit fits the JT.

So I didn’t really do any towing while the truck was stock unfortunately so I can’t compare. I was pleasantly surprised to get 15.2 while towing.
I meant before towing on the 38s

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
What do you get on 38s with no trailer
Sorry for the confusion. About 17 MPG on the highway but that’s going 68-70 versus when I towed I stayed at 55 mph.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was about to get ticked off when I saw that number. I have an LE on 37s and I only got 13 mpg towing my 1000 lb empty enclosed trailer to Gatlinburg and back last weekend. In the famous words of one Mr Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55 so my fuel economy is calculated at 70-75 depending on traffic. Before anyone comments about me towing at 75 my trailer is brand new and she runs on a 3500 lb axle with full size radial tires. Going down a hill you can hardly tell it's back there. Actually on flat ground or light climbs it would stay in 8th gear for a pretty long time. On the steep hills it would get all the way down in 4th gear and howl along at almost 5k RPM so if it was a long hill i'd tap the cruise off and let it slow down so the engine is screaming so much. I know that is how the engine was designed but I am still getting used to those high RPM numbers.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I was about to get ticked off when I saw that number. I have an LE on 37s and I only got 13 mpg towing my 1000 lb empty enclosed trailer to Gatlinburg and back last weekend. In the famous words of one Mr Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55 so my fuel economy is calculated at 70-75 depending on traffic. Before anyone comments about me towing at 75 my trailer is brand new and she runs on a 3500 lb axle with full size radial tires. Going down a hill you can hardly tell it's back there. Actually on flat ground or light climbs it would stay in 8th gear for a pretty long time. On the steep hills it would get all the way down in 4th gear and howl along at almost 5k RPM so if it was a long hill i'd tap the cruise off and let it slow down so the engine is screaming so much. I know that is how the engine was designed but I am still getting used to those high RPM numbers.
Yeah it took me a while to get used the the RPM range these things make power at as well. I was used to driving diesel trucks before lol so way different

Sponsored

Bigbrazen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2006 HSV GTO
I just towed my 28 foot double axle popup. Dry it comes in at 3500 pounds, with all my hunting gear, 100 gallons of water and 30 gallons of gas, fire wood etc, I figured I was at 5k pounds, the hitch setup was wrong and from my JK but the load transfer hitch still did it's job well. To me this put the JT to its max. I was towing down and up from 570p to 8000 feet above sea level. mpg was a down all 10mpg.

0831191209.jpg

Bigbrazen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2006 HSV GTO
Missing info, 37's Cooper stt pro, stock wheels, mopar lift, 86 octane gas and 65 mph on the interstate.
Sponsored