Sponsored

Towing with winch

TacticalRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I have a Sport S with Max Tow and do occasionally tow to the limit with my camper.

I'd like to add a front steel bumper and winch. Probably this one....Fishbone Bumper

My concern is cooling while towing. Will a winch obstruct the airflow through the grill too much? This bumper appears to recess the winch slightly.

Thanks
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The added weight will lower your official tow rating. Jeep enlarged the grille openings for JT towing, so I would not restrict them.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So I have a Sport S with Max Tow and do occasionally tow to the limit with my camper.

I'd like to add a front steel bumper and winch. Probably this one....Fishbone Bumper

My concern is cooling while towing. Will a winch obstruct the airflow through the grill too much? This bumper appears to recess the winch slightly.

Thanks

That one doesn't look to bad, personally I would try to find one that would sit low inside the bumper to limit the impact to airflow as much as possible.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I just put an LOD with Warn winch on mine The winch plate is low enough that there is no decrease in airflow. The Fishbone does not look it decreases it enough to be an issue.

59BB15CF-EF94-45CA-BE11-7B4FC7A2276A.jpeg

OP
OP

TacticalRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I just put an LOD with Warn winch on mine The winch plate is low enough that there is no decrease in airflow. The Fishbone does not look it decreases it enough to be an issue.

Jeep Gladiator Towing with winch 59BB15CF-EF94-45CA-BE11-7B4FC7A2276A
Thanks

niceJeep
Sponsored