txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1991 YJ, 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
Good day all,

I picked up so rubicon take offs today, they still have the TPMS sensors installed. On start up I got readings from the sensors. After about 15 minutes of driving I got the “service tire pressure sensor”message and all four give me dashes as a reading.

I looked through the forums but couldn’t find this issue. Anybody got a quick fix or do I need to get it looked at?

B939F5DD-646D-4CF1-98C1-29E8993476D1.jpeg
Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Are you absolutely sure the sensors are actually there? Most people take them out. People have bought take-offs "with sensors" only to find out otherwise.

OP
OP

txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you absolutely sure the sensors are actually there? Most people take them out. People have bought take-offs "with sensors" only to find out otherwise.
Sensors are there, the seller didn’t remove them and the Jeep read them for 15 minutes before losing them.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Sensors are there, the seller didn’t remove them and the Jeep read them for 15 minutes before losing them.
It may still have had the old readings in the system. Air them up to 40 lbs then Drive it for 10- 15 miles. May pick up the sensors if they are there.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone confirmed whether the newer builds which have the tire fill alert system use the same sensors? Maybe that’s the issue?

Sponsored

OP
OP

txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone confirmed whether the newer builds which have the tire fill alert system use the same sensors? Maybe that’s the issue?
I think ill have to switch the ones from my Sport alloys over.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I added a 5th tire/wheel from a JTR and rotated them @ 5k. Now one of the original wheels (not the new one) isn't showing up. My mechanic checked and made sure it's still transmitting. So I need to reset it. I tried the drive steady at 60mph for 15min (2x) and that didn't work. I've been too busy to troubleshoot more, but I got some other ideas/links:
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/721515/tpms-chrysler-jeep-wrangler-2011-15
https://www.allensamuelsap.com/reset-tire-pressure-light/
https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/How-to-Reset-a-Stuck-Low-Tire-Pressure-TPMS-Light

Hope that helps if you want to give it a go!

Reactions: txn
OP
OP

txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added a 5th tire/wheel from a JTR and rotated them @ 5k. Now one of the original wheels (not the new one) isn't showing up. My mechanic checked and made sure it's still transmitting. So I need to reset it. I tried the drive steady at 60mph for 15min (2x) and that didn't work. I've been too busy to troubleshoot more, but I got some other ideas/links:
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/721515/tpms-chrysler-jeep-wrangler-2011-15
https://www.allensamuelsap.com/reset-tire-pressure-light/
https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/How-to-Reset-a-Stuck-Low-Tire-Pressure-TPMS-Light

Hope that helps if you want to give it a go!
I’ll try these and see if it does the trick.

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm having the same issue.

I have a 2020 Overland with the stock 18 inch tires and wheels.

I picked up a set of 4 Rubicon take offs with 17 inch Wildpeaks. I know they have the tpms stems in them as I can see the differences in the valve stems (they have the longer copper sleeve).

I'm wondering, since I put the 4 new ones on the ground and left my original spare underneath, could that have anything to do with the 4 tires not resetting after driving?

Sponsored

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Just drive... if the OEM TPMS are in fact installed, the system will be picked up soon!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm having the same issue.

I have a 2020 Overland with the stock 18 inch tires and wheels.

I picked up a set of 4 Rubicon take offs with 17 inch Wildpeaks. I know they have the tpms stems in them as I can see the differences in the valve stems (they have the longer copper sleeve).

I'm wondering, since I put the 4 new ones on the ground and left my original spare underneath, could that have anything to do with the 4 tires not resetting after driving?
If they have the correct TPMS sensors in them, they should just sync up. What “copper sleeve” are you talking about? Mine are just black rubber on the outside.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
If they have the correct TPMS sensors in them, they should just sync up. What “copper sleeve” are you talking about? Mine are just black rubber on the outside.
Should- but if they don’t take them to the dealer and have them reset. I had that problem with a new oem TPMS installed in my spare.

ShotCaller

First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
self employed
I put Rubicon takeoffs on my overland. Picked up the takeoffs TPMS sensors with no issues.

20200912_111520.jpg

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I was told you could tell they were tpms stems by taking off the valve cap. A regular stem just had the threads for the cap then the rubber below it. The tpms stems had the thread for the cap, then a smooth copper sleeve for about a quarter inch, before the rubber of the stem (the cap covers the sleeve when on).
Sponsored