Sponsored

Tpms sensors

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm getting a new set of bead locks in and need to get some tpms in as mine are now nearly 2 years old from the build date and I'd prefer not to have to re-mount beads in a year or so. I found tpms.com that has the oe Schrader ones for 120, but there are tons of Amazon sets for like 40-50 bucks, has anyone tried them and had luck? If so please post which ones you bought.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting a new set of bead locks in and need to get some tpms in as mine are now nearly 2 years old from the build date and I'd prefer not to have to re-mount beads in a year or so. I found tpms.com that has the oe Schrader ones for 120, but there are tons of Amazon sets for like 40-50 bucks, has anyone tried them and had luck? If so please post which ones you bought.
2 years is nuttin'. They'll go a lot longer than that. I've had them run 5+
I will only ever run original MOPAR sensors. I don't like taking chances. I buy them from Benny here at a discount and get a code for free shipping as I recall. If they are MOPAR, then if there's a problem it's a Jeep/MOPAR problem.
But if yours are 2 years old - I'd expect another 3 or so years. My neighbor and I were talking of this very topic and his have always lasted a good 5+ years as well.

Beware of AMAZON stuff - sometimes it's direct from China and support can be good or bad. I'll buy a lot of stuff there, but sensors have to be advertised as actually OEM or a big name brand with pictures so if there's a problem they can go back to Amazon. There's a lot of counterfeit electric stuff there these days.
A set for 40 bucks? For the early Jeep sensors (they changed them in mid 21 model year) that's pretty danged cheap............ and makes me wonder why.

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
2 years is nuttin'. They'll go a lot longer than that. I've had them run 5+
I will only ever run original MOPAR sensors. I don't like taking chances. I buy them from Benny here at a discount and get a code for free shipping as I recall. If they are MOPAR, then if there's a problem it's a Jeep/MOPAR problem.
But if yours are 2 years old - I'd expect another 3 or so years. My neighbor and I were talking of this very topic and his have always lasted a good 5+ years as well.

Beware of AMAZON stuff - sometimes it's direct from China and support can be good or bad. I'll buy a lot of stuff there, but sensors have to be advertised as actually OEM or a big name brand with pictures so if there's a problem they can go back to Amazon. There's a lot of counterfeit electric stuff there these days.
A set for 40 bucks? For the early Jeep sensors (they changed them in mid 21 model year) that's pretty danged cheap............ and makes me wonder why.
Really think so? If that's the case then I'll yank the sensors as my 37s are going to the wife's 4xe which needs her sensors instead since she's after 6/5/21 and can't use my pre 6/5 ones.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Really think so? If that's the case then I'll yank the sensors as my 37s are going to the wife's 4xe which needs her sensors instead since she's after 6/5/21 and can't use my pre 6/5 ones.
The sensors in my Chevy went from early 2011 when it was built to at least November 2019 when I sold it to a Chevy dealer - never replaced. That's roughly 9 years. (still had original tires on it, too - but man did they need replacing! Not worn out, AGED out)

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The sensors in my 2008 Power Wagon was still good when I traded it in the end of Feb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The sensors in my Chevy went from early 2011 when it was built to at least November 2019 when I sold it to a Chevy dealer - never replaced. That's roughly 9 years. (still had original tires on it, too - but man did they need replacing! Not worn out, AGED out)
I guess when you mention it most of mine have gone more than 4 years typically. I think I'm just scarred by my Porsche's tpms that needed to be replaced every 2.5 years at 120 bucks a sensor

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I, too, have had long-lived sensors.
But to answer your original question, I wouldn’t trust cheap (~$50) sensors, but I’ve used two sets of these:

MORESENSOR Compact PRO Series... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VGY7XLB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And they’ve worked great on my 2021.

Kevin
Sponsored