First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I hope to be making my first off road park trip soon. I was wondering when you air down, does the TPMS drive you crazy, or is it part of the off road + button's job on the Rubicon to shut it up? I know, rtfm, but I haven't done that yet and online is way more funner. And do off road parks typically have an air hose handy or is it your on your own for this?
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
The TPMS light will be on the entire time. Offroad plus doesn't shut it off. Some places will have a gas station near that have air, but it's much simpler to just bring your own. I've driven 25+ miles at 20 psi on the road. Just keep speeds slow.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
The TPMS light will be on the entire time. Offroad plus doesn't shut it off. Some places will have a gas station near that have air, but it's much simpler to just bring your own. I've driven 25+ miles at 20 psi on the road. Just keep speeds slow.
I agree, it's simpler to just bring your own gas station. 🤣

In seriousness, no the light doesn't go off, but that's a good thing. Ensures you remember to air back up before leaving. It won't be chiming at you or anything as you wheel, so it's not a big deal. Just part of the experience.

Before you go out, make sure you know what's around the area, where everything is, and how far it is to get to. This will guide your decision making. If a place for gas/air is quite a ways away from the trails you're hitting, consider looking into other options for onboard air or go with someone who has a setup. Not to mention, know where you can go and how far it is in case need to get help!

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Also when shut off and back on it will default to the tire pressure screen in the center cluster. I find this annoying and have to flip back to which ever screen I prefer. The tire pressure light on the tach will be on the whole time and flashes when restarted.

I prefer to have my own on board air but most have a gas station with air pretty close to the trail heads.

Sprinkler-Fitter

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Installed fire sprinklers (retired)
Why wouldn’t you spend a little money on a air compressor?

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Get a JSCAN and you can adjust the tire pressure in the system so the light will not come on and drive you crazy.

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I probably will get somehting like that eventually. I like the portability so i can use it with other things.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
There are two generations of TPMS on the gladiators and each behaves slightly differently when airing back up.
The earlier generation may have the feature that monitors as you fill and will notify you when the sensors are satisfied with a beep of the horn.

The later ones won't do that, and they also require that you go a few pounds over to clear the idiot light.

I used my ECRI to reduce my warning activation poundage. I believe your can also disable the warnings completely with it.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Why wouldn’t you spend a little money on a air compressor?
I have one, and use it often. I never said I didn't. But lots of big complexes require paved road driving to and from campsites. You can drive on paved roads aired down to ~17psi with no issues. Just keep your speed reasonable

Sponsored

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Last week I had a tire repaired and it took some driving before it registered the new presure

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Get a JSCAN and you can adjust the tire pressure in the system so the light will not come on and drive you crazy.
Tazer too.
Sponsored