Sponsored

Traction Control Light will flicker like I am slipping when it is not.

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
I have been searching the inter-webs and this forum to see if anyone else has seen this issue but have had no luck. Hoping someone can relate or point me in the right direction Just made an appointment for Monday with the Dealer.

My Gladiator Rubicon with just 2,200 miles has the small traction control light flicker while driving. It usually happens while accelerating and I am roughly in the 3rd to 5th gear range.

I was at TrailHero last week and I definitely hit a few rocks but I can't see anything lose underneath.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Check that your fuses are fully seated, just a thought, and a quick and easy thing to do.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (sold), 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (sold), 1997 TJ Sport (sold), 1981 Grand Wagonner lifted with w/ 35" BFG (sold), 1973 Cadillac Eldorado, 2012 Moomba Mojo
Occupation
Urban Planner
I have been searching the inter-webs and this forum to see if anyone else has seen this issue but have had no luck. Hoping someone can relate or point me in the right direction Just made an appointment for Monday with the Dealer.

My Gladiator Rubicon with just 2,200 miles has the small traction control light flicker while driving. It usually happens while accelerating and I am roughly in the 3rd to 5th gear range.

I was at TrailHero last week and I definitely hit a few rocks but I can't see anything lose underneath.

Thanks for any help
Check your tire pressure. If they are not equal and if they far enough out, the wheels will be turning at a different speed and could trigger it.

OP
OP
Choraq

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
Is your steering wheel centered? Do you have any modifications?
I took it to the dealership this morning and I noticed that the wheel was off-centered. Looks like my alignment might be off.

I have the Mopar lift kit with 35s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Choraq

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
Check your tire pressure. If they are not equal and if they far enough out, the wheels will be turning at a different speed and could trigger it.
Good idea. The TPMS are all showing equal pressure but worth double checking. Thanks,

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I took it to the dealership this morning and I noticed that the wheel was off-centered. Looks like my alignment might be off.

I have the Mopar lift kit with 35s.

Having just gone through this, if the steering wheel is X degrees out of centered, the vehicle unstable idiot light will start flashing above a certain MPH.

No, I didn't try to look up either of the limits.

OP
OP
Choraq

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
Having just gone through this, if the steering wheel is X degrees out of centered, the vehicle unstable idiot light will start flashing above a certain MPH.

No, I didn't try to look up either of the limits.
Thanks man, I had the alignment done just after I did the lift but I am guessing I knocked it out while off-roading. I appreciate the insight.

OP
OP
Choraq

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
Just to wrap this up. I got the Jeep back from the service department. It had a loose track bar and the alignment was out. Thanks, Trail Hero. (Would do it again)

Jeep has been driving great since.
Sponsored