Sponsored

Traeger Tailgater grill on the power outlet?

lasizzo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone tried running a pellet grill using the outlets? I was thinking of buying a traeger inverter but If it can run off the outlet in the cab then I might as well use that. Any info or recommendation will help! Thanks and happy camping
Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I run my tailgater off the outlet in the cab. Works fine for me. Only issue is I have to run the truck to keep it on. It times out after so long if not In run mode.

OP
OP
lasizzo

lasizzo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run my tailgater off the outlet in the cab. Works fine for me. Only issue is I have to run the truck to keep it on. It times out after so long if not In run mode.
Have you tried running it on acc mode? Was planning to do a slow cook but if I gotta run the truck for 8 hours might just throw that idea out the window

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
I've run my Traeger ranger

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
I don’t think the battery would run you 8 hrs. I only did it for burgers and dogs. I think it shut down at 10 min if not running.

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
I only did it two times cuz my last camper didn’t have an inverter. My new one has a 1500 watt pure sine and two battery’s with 200 watts of solar. So I don’t use the truck anymore.

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The biggest draw is from the initial burn. I put a quarter inch of pellets into the hopper and light it with a propane torch. Then I plug my Traeger Ranger into an inverter connected directly to my battery. Barely any power is needed to run the fan and auger. Smoked a pork loin 4 hours the other weekend this way, never had to start my Gladiator.

OP
OP
lasizzo

lasizzo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest draw is from the initial burn. I put a quarter inch of pellets into the hopper and light it with a propane torch. Then I plug my Traeger Ranger into an inverter connected directly to my battery. Barely any power is needed to run the fan and auger. Smoked a pork loin 4 hours the other weekend this way, never had to start my Gladiator.

Nice, I’m thinking of just going the inverter route as well. At least that way I won’t have to run the truck.

Thanks for the input gents!

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
GMG has 12v smokers
I just bought the GMG Trek this weekend. So far so good (bacon and a long pulled pork cook), but I've only run it in AC mode so far, so can't comment on running it off of the Jeep yet.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I use a paraffin starter cube for my Pit Boss 150, the other parts don't draw much current at all. Starting the fire with the trailer's generator would work, but why? The Jeep inverter has plenty of juice for the fan.

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I plug my Traeger into my 300W portable power generator.
Sponsored