Sponsored

Trail Cam Dealer / aftermarket option?

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
I'm noticing that every Rubicon in route to my region does not have the trail cam option (per window stickers). Does anyone know if the trail cam can be a dealer or aftermarket add-on?
Sponsored

Slacksuperstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep wrangler
From what i read on here you need to order the led head light package to get the front camera. Whether or not a harness will be there to plug into who knows. I will be ordering a sport s and if i ever need the use of the trail cam I will just use my gopro. Heres a quick preview on my TJ.

F272C5B6-B8F0-4620-B4B0-56DE7CE0C502.jpeg

26BF6D04-6F0C-4BA7-A194-20417665C48F.jpeg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
you hooked up your gopro to the display in the vehicle?! Was it easy?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats actually not bad. Did you wire into the car battery or did are you just running off of the built in battery? I was just thinking gopro is having a hard time. Maybe if they made a module to hook up a go pro to a car and get the front view and maybe even impost the tire lines on it they might have something there. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I'm noticing that every Rubicon in route to my region does not have the trail cam option (per window stickers). Does anyone know if the trail cam can be a dealer or aftermarket add-on?
Right now factory only until we can gee a hold of the parts catalog, hopefully, they will have a "retrofit" kit but until we get part numbers for stuff we are SOL....

Slacksuperstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep wrangler
Thats actually not bad. Did you wire into the car battery or did are you just running off of the built in battery? I was just thinking gopro is having a hard time. Maybe if they made a module to hook up a go pro to a car and get the front view and maybe even impost the tire lines on it they might have something there. It shouldn't be too hard to do.
It runs off the battery however i suppose if you wanted to you could hook up a long usb cord and plug it in it would no longer be water proof thou. Whats good is i can take it and mount it anywhere and it record which is something the stock front camera cant do. Heres a few shots from my rollbar and windshield mounts

97DF5BBA-0744-4368-A038-46CCAFCB05AA.jpeg

1D1830AD-0F73-453F-83C7-DB1D0C0DC928.jpeg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That actually seems pretty versatile. I've have a 7 black. Maybe that's what I'll do with it! Nice idea!

Slacksuperstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep wrangler
That actually seems pretty versatile. I've have a 7 black. Maybe that's what I'll do with it! Nice idea!
Nice yea i have a session and 2 hero 3s all purchased on ebay on the cheap. Im really surprised jeep hasnt offered a go pro mount like the tacoma has. Not a big deal thou you can get a 10 pack of sticky mounts for a a few dollars.

Sponsored

Bash220

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Rubicon 2018 trackhawk
So anyone figure out if you can add the trail cam after purchase or no go I really would prefer it over an aftermarket option

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
But no washer option with that add-on?

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone seen this on Quadratec's website?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-camera-gladiator-jt

Description says it's a replacement and not for adding the feature but the price point is 2X what the option costs on the lot. I can't see the wiring inside the grill but it could be zip-tied to another harness somewhere else. Thought it was interesting that they listed it as the "front camera" and not the Trail camera.
Sponsored