Trail rail system requires power windows, mirrors & locks

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It’s kind of interesting to note that you have to get power windows, mirrors and locks just so you can then get a truck with the trail rail system. Trail rail system is not an option on the base Sport model. You have to get a Sport S model so you can then order the trail rail system. Base Sport comes with manual windows, mirrors and locks which is something I would prefer to get. And as everyone knows the trail rail system also comes with the bed tie downs, bed a/c power outlet and under seat locking. Such a shame they don’t make this as an option on the base Sport model.
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
It’s kind of interesting to note that you have to get power windows, mirrors and locks just so you can then get a truck with the trail rail system. Trail rail system is not an option on the base Sport model. You have to get a Sport S model so you can then order the trail rail system. Base Sport comes with manual windows, mirrors and locks which is something I would prefer to get. And as everyone knows the trail rail system also comes with the bed tie downs, bed a/c power outlet and under seat locking. Such a shame they don’t make this as an option on the base Sport model.
That is nothing that couldn't be added after purchase. I"m sure you can buy it from jeep, the JL's you can buy the trail system obviously different. IF you can't get it from Jeep someone will offer that for sure.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Am certain a dealership could add a trail rail system however it sure would be nice to have the 4 bed tie downs and the rear seat locking compartment. Don’t really care about the a/c power in the bed.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Like the detail about what comes with what.

I'll scratch off the whole thing, just me. Good with mechanical doors etc. Those cool half moon shaped tie downs are enough.

I would like the wiring harness to the back of the bed, thought just for aux switch add on. Add if needed.

Bed Plug harness is propbably why they need the locking doors etc, same wire all the way front to back. That's precisely why I want stock as a rock this time around. The whole harness would need to be checked and possibly replaced (or they will tell you that) in order to fix the plug when it gets fried.

i've had enough "you have to fix this first (usually a sensor or controller) to address that" . No more!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yeah I would just add in an aftermarket trail "rail system", or get the dealer to install it. As for the lockable carbo box under the rear seat, i want a metal box like others have discussed. Might not be available at launch, but will be later i'm sure.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
If this all comes together my plan is to add other aux switch assetass to the Sport, then add an auxiliary battery to power the bed.

My JT Sport Max Tow vision is overland camping/hunting/fishing. Just wish I still had the old swamp shash still, the JT was made for that adventure.

Looking forward to rolling windows and manual locks. If I get squirrelly enough, would love to have a floor dimmer switch.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If this all comes together my plan is to add other aux switch assetass to the Sport, then add an auxiliary battery to power the bed.

My JT Sport Max Tow vision is overland camping/hunting/fishing. Just wish I still had the old swamp shash still, the JT was made for that adventure.

Looking forward to rolling windows and manual locks. If I get squirrelly enough, would love to have a floor dimmer switch.
Squirrelly hell, that's a great idea to put the dimmer on the floor! My wife pointed out the emergency break hanlde is going to f/u my benchseat. But now, I can go total retro with a dimmer switch and Emer brake pedal on floor. Bet I can get them all from the same caddy where I pirate my super plush benchseat. Now all I have to find is some original shell from original Gladiator times for sample since the bed now is shorter. I'll have to mach to modern, but retro look is goal.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
5jeeps:

Man, missed a ton of spell check. The forum and my Swype don't seem to always agree....

It's been over 30 years, but if I remember right my '76 Cherokee had the big front bench and dimmer on the floor, with an aftermarket cassette mounted under the dash with CCR blaring. Took the rear bench out and it was the high school party wagon.

Now, I can't see a JLU without imagining a bed on the back of it. It's my midlife crisis ride, and I'm okay with that :)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
5jeeps:

Man, missed a ton of spell check. The forum and my Swype don't seem to always agree....

It's been over 30 years, but if I remember right my '76 Cherokee had the big front bench and dimmer on the floor, with an aftermarket cassette mounted under the dash with CCR blaring. Took the rear bench out and it was the high school party wagon.

Now, I can't see a JLU without imagining a bed on the back of it. It's my midlife crisis ride, and I'm okay with that :)
CCR blaring on a cassette, "There's a place up ahead and I'm goin', come along, come along with me". That is great for driving JT. Now, some of those above campers are fugly. So how committed am I to full retro? Dunno yet.
Sponsored