Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy, my Overland didn't come with Trail Rails or bedliner, and I'm planning on adding both. Local dealer has the Trail Rails for just over $300, and probably going to go with a Bullet or LineX spray in liner. After reading several other posts about the pre-threaded holes and the liner filling those in, would it be make sense to install the rails before I get the liner and have the installer deal with it, or is that just a dumb idea and I should just let the installer know I plan on using the holes.
Sponsored

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
You can retap the holes later but it’s a pain. I would instal the rails first if I had to do it again.

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
Howdy, my Overland didn't come with Trail Rails or bedliner, and I'm planning on adding both. Local dealer has the Trail Rails for just over $300, and probably going to go with a Bullet or LineX spray in liner. After reading several other posts about the pre-threaded holes and the liner filling those in, would it be make sense to install the rails before I get the liner and have the installer deal with it, or is that just a dumb idea and I should just let the installer know I plan on using the holes.
Mine goes in for line-x on Monday. I have enough screws on hand to put in partially in all of the holes. I will tape the tops so that I can get the Allen Wrench on them to remove them. I’m hopeful that that will do the trick.

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can retap the holes later but it’s a pain. I would instal the rails first if I had to do it again.
Thanks!

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine goes in for line-x on Monday. I have enough screws on hand to put in partially in all of the holes. I will tape the tops so that I can get the Allen Wrench on them to remove them. I’m hopeful that that will do the trick.
Thanks, if you think about it, could I ask a favor and ask you to post some pics and report how it went? If not, no worries. Good luck!

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
If you put in the trail rails first your Line-x dealer will take those out and then spray because the Line-x has to go behind it so if they are a good installer they will cover the holes like mine did and I had zero problems installing the trail rail.

Just make sure to tell them to cover those holes it’s really no big deal

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Not to dissuade you from your plans, but have you given any thought to going with L-track, SS Unistrut or even extruded aluminum profile instead?

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not to dissuade you from your plans, but have you given any thought to going with L-track, SS Unistrut or even extruded aluminum profile instead?
I looked at some of the threads for alternative rails, but I just like the idea of the straightforward ready-to-install all-in-one-place option that the OEM parts deliver rather than putting other stuff together. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just one stop shopping works better for me. And the local dealer has them for $65 off list.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Do your self a favor, buy a bag of wooden golf tees and put them in the threaded holes.

Tell whomever is spraying your bed to LEAVE THEM IN.
Sponsored