Trail Recon Gladiator

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, people get so emotional and attached to shit, take a break.

Brad makes money from people watching, if he wants to grow he'll have to do different stuff.

I'm disinclined to the Bronco because (A) all of the Wranglers shortcomings exist in it, principally there is no room in it (B) Fords magical self digesting valve train.

I started watching Trail Recon before he bought a Gladiator, and shook my head when he immediately went to strapping shit all over it like a momma opposum, just to then figure out, just like he did with the Wrangler that it is a better vehicle without all that shit strapped to it 24/7.

He thinks a Wrangler is better suited to his needs, I think a Gladiator is better suited to my needs, and somebody out there thinks a Prius best suits their needs. And we are likely all correct.

I just don't get the emotion and hate, if you don't like it/him/whatever don't watch, he doesn't owe you anything.
Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
How can you say that? Have you driven one? Actually have seen one in person? Or are you just repeating the reviews of those that Ford has allowed?
My thoughts exactly.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
To a yugo but that’s about it I jest. I liked the trail recon vids initially less so when they went commercial. I don’t want pay a subscription fee. Which seems what that e3 thing is.

As far as Ford Bronco goes I owned a big one. It was awful. Got stuck everywhere couldn’t. Climb out of a mall parking lot. The new one looks intriguing But history has done this before jeep was making 4 wheel drives to sell publicly way back. Then ford jumped on the wagon made 3 main generations of broncos then quit for years. Now they are. Back. But for how long ? Will it be like Toyota landcruiser and the fj cruiser? While I am at it. I have not had very good experiences with fords in general. Since I am on the subject. I was extremely disappointed to see Chevy use the blazer. Name on its current offering too.

I have owned most all major brands of 4xs land cruisers jeeps broncos blazers suburbans and loads of trucks. But jeeps just do it for me.

The trail recon stuff will become less interesting to me when he starts testing new parts that are bronco specific.
For sheer adventure. I like the story till now videos and coyote works

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Ford is doing some stuff right. I got the chance to try out the mustang Mach e this morning and I prefer it to my Tesla in every way but thrust. The GT will likely match that though. Coming out the gate with a Tesla killer says a lot about Ford’s desire to be the best

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Ford is doing some stuff right. I got the chance to try out the mustang Mach e this morning and I prefer it to my Tesla in every way but thrust. The GT will likely match that though. Coming out the gate with a Tesla killer says a lot about Ford’s desire to be the best
Fords shitty cam phasers and their unwillingness to (A) admit it (B) fix it, say a lot too, as does their knocking Coyote problem.

I'm astonished that people are so eager to jump at anything Ford offers with their recent history of producing garbage.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Fords shitty cam phasers and their unwillingness to (A) admit it (B) fix it, say a lot too, as does their knocking Coyote problem.

I'm astonished that people are so eager to jump at anything Ford offers with their recent history of producing garbage.
electric will give them the chance to defeat those issues. I can’t imagine them selling internal combustion at all in 8-10 years outside super heavy duty and the v8 mustang

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
electric will give them the chance to defeat those issues. I can’t imagine them selling internal combustion at all in 8-10 years outside super heavy duty and the v8 mustang
They've been building IC engines for a century, and are producing fundamentally flawed products that they are dodging, that doesn't promote any degree of confidence in their ability to produce emerging technology at a superior quality level from my perspective.

I suppose we will see.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
maybe it's just me but trading in a gladiator for a diesel wrangler and then getting a ram also is backwards thinking for me, since there is a diesel gladiator. it doesn't seem like he rock crawls heavily, which would be the only sense for getting a wrangler.

not my money though, just doesn't make sense (to me)

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
maybe it's just me but trading in a gladiator for a diesel wrangler and then getting a ram also is backwards thinking for me, since there is a diesel gladiator. it doesn't seem like he rock crawls heavily, which would be the only sense for getting a wrangler.

He said he is a Wrangler guy and always will be his favorite vehicle. The Diesel Wrangler is for the MPG on overland trips I suppose. The Ram is likely just another vehicle purchase for creative you tube content much like the Gladiator was.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

His Youtube channel is at the point where it is a primary money making business. The vehicles now are a deductible expense for tax purposes so constantly swapping them in and out to make new content is what drives that. So it is not relatable to most viewers to see it in terms of "making sense" to his audience who have normal family working expenses to deal with.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
His Youtube channel is at the point where it is primary money-making business. The vehicles now are a deductible expense for tax purposes so constantly swapping them in and out to make new content is what drives that. So it is not relatable to most viewers to see it in terms of "making sense" to his audience who have normal family working expenses to deal with.
That is pretty much it. But he can use the Ram Power Wagon to Tow the Jeep I suppose. But it likely will give him a year's worth of content of putting stuff on and off till the Bronco comes out and then that is another years worth of content. Plus the Power Wagon will give him a whole new audience to tap into. Friends who do youtube say the same thing its just all about constantly creating new content. Buddy used to do reviews of fishing reels and rods, etc. He got enough viewers to where sponsors were sending him free gear to test out and review. I don't think he was in it so much for the money but the free gear

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I used to watch his videos.

One day he put out a video on “camping solo:” he spent 25 non-stop minutes listing all the expensive, useless crap he hauled to the middle of nowhere I “needed” to be “alone.” After that, he traded his Wrangler for a Gladiator for a Power Wagon in the time it took me to go to the bathroom.

I finally realized how stupid it was to watch his YouTube videos.
Sponsored