obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up some minor pin striping this weekend and not wanting to have to continually buff them out I opted for some protection. I recalled this product from the Casey250 Youtube channel so I jumped on their site and found they have a product for the Gladiator. Price seemed fair and a good alternative to a wrap .. so I order up a set to try out. If I can remember I'll post back my impressions once I have the kit installed.

www.trailscales.com
Sponsored

dreston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm curious about their durability also. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update... I received my Trail Scales about 3wks after placing the order. The kit appeared complete and neatly rolled. The Trail Scales appear to be a heavy vinyl type product that is pre-cut and then moved over to a transfer paper. Each panel is labeled passenger side / driver side ... which is nice. The patterns being pre-cut so far have fit the Gladiator panels perfectly.

I installed the driver side/passenger side doors and trim this weekend ... I still have the bedside to go. The installation is very straight forward ... my best advise is to watch their installation video and follow their steps. The window cleaner applied to the panel and the trail Scale sheet allows the panel to float. Take your time to get it squared up and then squeegee out the cleaner with the supplied applicator. Taking my time the panels laid down nicely. Some of the edges I had to go back to and continue to press down until they stuck. You do need to wait for the cleaner to evap off and the adhesive takes over.

The trick is to take your time .... being that the window cleaner flashes off slowly you'll have plenty of time to position and work the Trail Scale down.

I'll have some images posted shortly ....

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Trail Scales according to their website offers a selection of standard prints or clear. Custom colors or designs I think can be purchased as a special order. I opted for the clear. The clear allows the OEM color to show through but as a matte finish versus a gloss. I'm happy with the look, but I would warn that with the clear if any fibers or specs of anything lie underneath it will show through. With all of the wipe downs using the clay bar and alcohol ... I do have a couple of these spots, but I'm not too concerned as they are there to take up the scratches anyway. I suspect that a solid color or print and these wouldn't be visible.

O9RjnpHkQ2gDQUigwuxXm0mJUO=w480-h640-no?authuser=1.jpg

OwBzwd_qyQSJxOD0ReA-G-Pgnz=w480-h640-no?authuser=1.jpg

T47ShyabcjrVq1GJfMRQfb9GdG=w480-h640-no?authuser=1.jpg

vjuTMe5oYk1W810lYgtDgrKReY=w480-h640-no?authuser=1.jpg

Would I purchase again? ... yes I would. I've seen quotes to wrap a single side at around $1k ... IMO you can't beat the price of the Trail Scales especially since they have already done the heavy lifting and patterned the templates.
Sponsored