Trailer Brake Connection Under Dash

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Just got my Gladiator and wanting to know if there is a connection under the dash that one could plug an adapter into to use a Tekonsha brake box?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Does your Jeep have the Tow Package? If it does, the connector is up in the left kick panel taped to a brace, Should have four wires in it, one will be blue, one dark green with a white stripe can't remember the rest off the top of my head.
No Tow Package? the brake signal wire you will need is above the right kick panel, a single wire that is taped off, should be dark green with a white stripe.

Gregj

OP
OP
DMC1

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional
JT does have the tow package. Should have stated that. Thanks for the quick response. I’ll dig it out. Dmc1

OP
OP
DMC1

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional
Does anyone make a plug or pigtail that will plug into this that I can wire to my brake box?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DMC1

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional
Thanks again for the information. Did you have to cut the pig tail here and splice into your brake box wiring or did it plug and play for you? I have a Tekonsha Primus IQ and the plug for the box looks like the one in the picture.

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Thanks again for the information. Did you have to cut the pig tail here and splice into your brake box wiring or did it plug and play for you? I have a Tekonsha Primus IQ and the plug for the box looks like the one in the picture.
I have a different brand controller so I had to cut the plug off and splice.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up using the 3014-P to install your BC? Was it just plug and play? I have a Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Controller that I want to move from my JK to the JT.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up using the 3014-P to install your BC? Was it just plug and play? I have a Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Controller that I want to move from my JK to the JT.
For the Tekonsha, you’ll want 3073-P, not 3014-P. The 3073-P has a diode in it to keep the brake wire from back feeding during manual brake application and lighting up the dashboard like a Christmas tree.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
For the Tekonsha, you’ll want 3073-P, not 3014-P. The 3073-P has a diode in it to keep the brake wire from back feeding during manual brake application and lighting up the dashboard like a Christmas tree.
Thanks. I can't find the 3073 in stock anywhere. Even etrailer.com is back ordered into June some time. I did find a thread on the JL site that the 3024 harness will work if you swap the blue and black wires. That harness I could find locally all over the place. I'm going to install it today and I'll post up how it works out.

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Hello - my harness says "3073" on it.... are there 2 kinds, one with"-p" and one without?
Thanks -

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I can't find the 3073 in stock anywhere. Even etrailer.com is back ordered into June some time. I did find a thread on the JL site that the 3024 harness will work if you swap the blue and black wires. That harness I could find locally all over the place. I'm going to install it today and I'll post up how it works out.
Just a follow up on this, I swapped the blue and black wires per the linked thread and this has been working just fine in my JT. I am not concerned with the brake lights coming on in manual override, so I never even bothered to check if that did or did not work.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello - my harness says "3073" on it.... are there 2 kinds, one with"-p" and one without?
Thanks -
Usually with Tekonsha they have 2, P and S. P is plug-in, it should have a plug on each end for the truck and brake controller. The Sis for splice and only has the truck end, you splice the other end into the harness with the controller. If it says 3073 and has the right plugs then it should be good.
Sponsored