First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Does all the gladiators come with the grey plug already in them to plug in a trailer brake controller , or just on the ones with max tow pavkage . I have a 2021 Mojave and was looking for it , but I couldnt find one .
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the 7-pin trailer plug on the rear bumper, then the grey plug for the trailer brake controller should be there. It is included with all the Tow packages, not just the Max Tow. It should be located up fairly high above the OBD port. You may have to get up under there with a light and search for it.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Ok cool thanks. Ill look again because I have the 4 pin and 7 pin plugs on the bumper

Cliff89

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (JT)
Does all the gladiators come with the grey plug already in them to plug in a trailer brake controller , or just on the ones with max tow pavkage . I have a 2021 Mojave and was looking for it , but I couldnt find one .
I don't think all the Gladiators come with the grey plug however, you can check the tow packages for the grey plug. These items can be found in the tow package Two rear tow hooks. LED daytime running lights, headlights, and fog lights. Cab and bed rock rails.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Thanks Cliff , mine has all that , it says i have towing pckage. Just havent looked hard enough for the plug, I guess. Plus being i have a bad lower back , getting under there is hard. Lol. back doesnt stop me from a normal life just cant bend and wedge in places like I used too. Getting old sucks.. May have to get the wife to climb in there , shes just 5'3 lol.
I don't think all the Gladiators come with the grey plug however, you can check the tow packages for the grey plug. These items can be found in the tow package Two rear tow hooks. LED daytime running lights, headlights, and fog lights. Cab and bed rock rails.

Sponsored

Deleted member 43264

I don't think they all do. I have a 2021 Willys Gladiator with the Tow Package, but no trailer brake controller plug/harness under the dash. I had the dealership service department confirm because I was hoping to get the Mopar Brake Controller. No Joy. Went with the Curt Echo Bluetooth Controller which works great for my needs.

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
i have a 21 Overland with the tow package ... i put the Redac brake controller V3 on the JT ... the gray brake plug was VERY hard to find ... it was located nearly against the left side plastic foot panel about as high up as is possible AND wrapped to another wiring harness with electrical tape .. could not see it but could feel the plug with nothing plugged into it ... unwrapped the tape and there it was ... you can hardly get your hand where it was located

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Is this it? It has a Brown, Orange , Green and Green with white strip wire colors
Jeep Gladiator Trailer Brake grey plug harness F5B87A26-599B-4750-B850-6E9C9C466A0B

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Yep, if it plugs into your brake controller adapter that's it. There's nothing else up there that will.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they all do. I have a 2021 Willys Gladiator with the Tow Package, but no trailer brake controller plug/harness under the dash. I had the dealership service department confirm because I was hoping to get the Mopar Brake Controller. No Joy. Went with the Curt Echo Bluetooth Controller which works great for my needs.
Keep looking, it can be a bit hidden up there. all Gladiators come with the 4 way and 7 way connectors, as well as the trailer brake connector.
Sponsored