First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I've got an Overland and I'm pretty sure that the Trailer Hitch Zoom function is supposed to come with it. Sometimes, the + button is there on the camera display, but it just beeps softly at me; other times, the magnifying glass changes to a grayed-out minus sign. When I took test drives earlier this year, most dealers were having trouble getting it to work. Is this something they need to enable when setting up the vehicle?
Sponsored

Dm33buckeyes

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've got an Overland and I'm pretty sure that the Trailer Hitch Zoom function is supposed to come with it. Sometimes, the + button is there on the camera display, but it just beeps softly at me; other times, the magnifying glass changes to a grayed-out minus sign. When I took test drives earlier this year, most dealers were having trouble getting it to work. Is this something they need to enable when setting up the vehicle?
Do you have tow pkg? I think it only comes with that package.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I've got the tow package, that's why I figured the zoom should work. The + button is active sometimes, but it just beeps at me. I don't have the front camera option, but I thought the rear zoom should work. I saw it on the Overland that I test drove, but even then it didn't always work.

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, I've got the tow package, that's why I figured the zoom should work. The + button is active sometimes, but it just beeps at me. I don't have the front camera option, but I thought the rear zoom should work. I saw it on the Overland that I test drove, but even then it didn't always work.
I have a rubicon with the tow package, and mine doesn't work either. The +magnifying glass icon is there, but does nothing when pressed.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
I have the exact same issue with my Rubicon (also have tow package). The button is there in the top left corner but just gives me a little beep noise when I hit it and does not actually zoom in. Is your Jeep a manual by any chance? I had a theory that since mine is a manual with a tow package maybe they left that feature out for some weird reason (even though the button is there) since we do not get the full weight rating or something stupid like that.

Sponsored

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the exact same issue with my Rubicon (also have tow package). The button is there in the top left corner but just gives me a little beep noise when I hit it and does not actually zoom in. Is your Jeep a manual by any chance? I had a theory that since mine is a manual with a tow package maybe they left that feature out for some weird reason (even though the button is there) since we do not get the full weight rating or something stupid like that.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, yeah. Mine is a manual.
+1 to my conspiracy theory then LOL It does not make any sense limiting that feature just because of a manual and a 4k tow rating vs the 7650 or 7k depending on how its equipped and trim level for the max rating but it is a theory none the less.

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 to my conspiracy theory then LOL It does not make any sense limiting that feature just because of a manual and a 4k tow rating vs the 7650 or 7k depending on how its equipped and trim level for the max rating but it is a theory none the less.
It's supposed to have it. Says in build sheet. The button is even there. I suspect it's a software issue with the manuals.

Sponsored

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Add +2 tonyour conspiracy. Mine is manual and it also doesnt work
It's supposed to have it. Says in build sheet. The button is even there. I suspect it's a software issue with the manuals.
I see all 3 of us are Rubicons as well....all of us have the 8.4 screen? Software issue for the manual sounds very possible.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup...
Rubicon, manual, 8.4, tow package.
I have been asking folks on the Jeep Gladiator facebook group also and so far this is the data I have gathered.

Seems to be related to manuals only
Issue reported on the 7" in a manual Sport (so its not just a 8.4" screen issue or Rubicon specific for that matter)
All automatic owners so far report no issues regardless of screen size.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Lexus GX460
I have a manual Sport S with the basic 5" screen and the tow package. The trailer zoom button has worked for me a few times and has failed a few times, about a 50/50 chance when I push the zoom button.
Sponsored