Sponsored

Trailer Tow Package

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I just got a Sport S and ordered it with the Trailer Tow Package. Just wondering how I confirm I got the 240-Amp Alternator and the Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling? Are there specific things to look for?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a Sport S and ordered it with the Trailer Tow Package. Just wondering how I confirm I got the 240-Amp Alternator and the Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling? Are there specific things to look for?

Thanks!
Look up the build sheet. It will detail a lot of things.
Use the link Scott posted while I was typing this LOL

If you got a tow package, you have it.

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
If you ordered it does it come with a window sticker? I kept mine, it says pretty clearly in the options that it has the ho alternator and engine cooling with the tow package. I suppose the build sheet vin link will give the same info.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you ordered it does it come with a window sticker? I kept mine, it says pretty clearly in the options that it has the ho alternator and engine cooling with the tow package. I suppose the build sheet vin link will give the same info.
Build sheet gives a lot more detail.
You can also go online and print the window sticker - but the truck will come with one.
I ordered mine, not off the lot, so it says it was built especially for - and my name.
The PDF version you can get online doesn't have that.
The window sticker is a typical window sticker.
The build sheet is, well, a typical build sheet. Well, typical for the last couple decades I suppose.....

Go back and this was a build sheet -

Jeep Gladiator Trailer Tow Package unnamed

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Bill,
I ordered mine in 2019 and waited 6 weeks or so for delivery. My name does not appear on the window sticker.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I take it back! I have a digital copy that I was looking at, but I just went down and took the actual out of my file cabinet and it does have my name on it. I never noticed it before.

OP
OP

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thanks guys. I found the info on the build sheet and the sticker does have my name on it. I was also curious what actually differentiated the 240 AMP Alternator and Heavy Duty Engine Cooling from the standard offerings. Is the 240 AMP larger in size? Where are the Heavy Duty Engine Cooling elements located?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I found the info on the build sheet and the sticker does have my name on it. I was also curious what actually differentiated the 240 AMP Alternator and Heavy Duty Engine Cooling from the standard offerings. Is the 240 AMP larger in size? Where are the Heavy Duty Engine Cooling elements located?
GENERALLY SPEAKING - and I have not physically compared the 240 to the smaller sizes, like a 180, etc. but with the hundreds of other alternators I have repaired, restored, had through my hands, unless you know exactly what to look for, you can't tell. Usually the front and rear frames and connections are the same, but the stator is larger due to more windings. That's the part in the middle that is between the front and rear frames of the alternator. Also the rotor is generally a bit longer. This means the larger alternator could be 3/16" longer front to back.
Early GM you couldn't tell by looking at all - you had to get into them.
But then these I have not compared so it could just be the same stator core with more windings or wound differently. If I had side-by-side pictures of each I'd know exactly what to look for.
I'd love to have a couple of these to compared exactly how they differ.

The cooling system is likely a matter of the wattage of the cooling fans (thus the larger alternator) and it's hard to say again without having compared them side-by-side to see if there are outside physical differences (aside from part number stickers haha) Possibly the one is physically larger than the other but unless someone knows this for sure and tells you to measure, doubt you'd have a frame of reference to just look.

Since your build sheet or list of equipment states what you have - little use in looking unless it's just to satisfy curiosity to know what to look for.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Funny, I was just looking at a used gladiator and looked up the original moroney sticker. Tow package only has Class IV receiver hitch $350. other stickers i have looked up on other vehicles detailed the 240 alternator etc. I enter the vin on the link above and it does show a 240 alternator 700 amp battery. It would be nice to know if there are labels somewhere with the build codes on it. Thanks

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Likely a typo and some sites require the LETTERS to be capital, not lower case.
You have to type it exactly how it looks and be wary of an O vs an 0

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Put in my VIN and it wasn’t found.
Same thing happened to me the first time I tried the website even though I copied and pasted my vin directly from the Jeep app. I cleared the search bar then re-copied and pasted the VIN. It worked after that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to me the first time I tried the website even though I copied and pasted my vin directly from the Jeep app. I cleared the search bar then re-copied and pasted the VIN. It worked after that.
You never know what other codes you may be picking up when doing a copy and paste - a space or some attribute code, etc. so I normally choose "paste as plain text" but even that has failed before. It's picky.
Sponsored