www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
With the optional rear panel and locking capability this is the best rack concept on the market.

Trailrax please keep sending out updates on the production timeline. Am going to try to hold off on making a purchase until the full rack comes available.
Will do. We are making our final edits and changes to the production model and should start the pre-order process of the half height rack soon. Full height will be a month or two after. Stand by! Thanks for waiting.

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
I see it on your website for $1... I accept your offer, where can I enter my shipping info?
I wish we could sell them at that price LOL. That is a place holder for now. More information to come👍

Boogerman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
I wish we could sell them at that price LOL. That is a place holder for now. More information to come👍
Any idea when they will officially go on sale?

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea when they will officially go on sale?
Pre-orders will go live around the end of EJS. So end of next week. The pre-order will be a good sale price of course! We are just finalizing everything and putting it through production very soon.

Boogerman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-orders will go live around the end of EJS. So end of next week. The pre-order will be a good sale price of course! We are just finalizing everything and putting it through production very soon.

So can we put in a pre order now or what?!?!?!

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
So can we put in a pre order now or what?!?!?!
Thanks for reaching out and checking in. We are waiting on pricing to come in from our engineers to figure out the final pricing. Once that is done, we will open the Bed rack to pre-orders. Thank you for your patience.

unfortunately there are small delays that have pushed us back but we are getting this done asap. Models of the production bed rack will release tomorrow!

Boogerman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reaching out and checking in. We are waiting on pricing to come in from our engineers to figure out the final pricing. Once that is done, we will open the Bed rack to pre-orders. Thank you for your patience.

unfortunately there are small delays that have pushed us back but we are getting this done asap. Models of the production bed rack will release tomorrow!
its ok, I am sure you will give me first dibs and double discount

Shakespeare

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
With the optional rear panel and locking capability this is the best rack concept on the market.

Trailrax please keep sending out updates on the production timeline. Am going to try to hold off on making a purchase until the full rack comes available.
Trailrax, I found that the ZRoadz Access Overland rack also has gulwing-style panels, including an optional rear panel. While I know your full rack is still being designed, I was wondering if you have any remarks about how you expect it will differ from the ZRoadz offering. Not looking for you to knock a competitor so much as maybe give me a reason to wait until early summer vs. purchasing theirs, which is already in production.

First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Trailrax, I found that the ZRoadz Access Overland rack also has gulwing-style panels, including an optional rear panel. While I know your full rack is still being designed, I was wondering if you have any remarks about how you expect it will differ from the ZRoadz offering. Not looking for you to knock a competitor so much as maybe give me a reason to wait until early summer vs. purchasing theirs, which is already in production.
^ Same. LOVE the third, rear panel. It's an elegant solution to avoid having to add a tonneau cover for stops in town. Hoping we see some competition here.

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great question. and just like you mentioned, we never want to speak poorly of another competitor. What we think this bed rack will offer, is an assortment of accessories that allows you to customize this rack to how you want it for your adventure, and even then there is no limit to that. we plan to make and offer tons of aftermarket accessories for the rack for the customer to use in different ways. Our Panels (aftermarket) will have the ability to lockdown and will require a key to open. Our USA-made and USA steel quality product will hold a maximum static weight of 1600Lbs. We also have intergraded light fixtures built into the rack so that you can hide away lights in the rack to be as streamlined as possible. our rack will also offer holes integrated through the rack to route wires in an unseen by the outside eye fashion. this will make your wiring look professional and hidden. We also took the extra steps to add zip-tie cutouts for those very wires making it across some cross members, again to make it look professional and easy. the doors and side panels will be designed to carry a load of products at the varying weights. While the competitor makes a good claim that the doors are for lightweight and oversized objects, ours are designed for the weight and the struts are incorporated into our doors to assist you with lifting the door and other accessories up and out of your way. In the production model, we have added a lockout mechanism to lock the door up when you want to leave the door open for an extended period of time.

One good note to add is that we specifically designed the doors to work with Rotopax, pelican cases, powertank mounts, MaxTrax, and much more to work directly with the door vs buying an accessory bracket to then mount the already existing mount to work.

We have also spent months testing this product and can assure every curious or potential customer, this will be the best bed rack available on the market at a competitive price and with tons of aftermarket support. Considering we are still growing as a business, we will experience growing pains such as a slowed engineering and R&D time. Please be patient with us and we will get out the best products we can put out for everyone!

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Just a preview of our testing in motion!
Huge thanks to @revereoverland please check out his media and his youtube!

This was filmed by Rob at Revere Overland. Please show him your support and let him know we sent you! We made it out to Swing Arm City, UT on our week-long adventure with Rob and Justin B McBride. We have gone through some extensive and abusive testing on this rack to ensure it is the right rack for everyone. check this video out to watch how some of the abuse went down!

We would like to thank our sponsors for helping us build this awesome rig. Big thanks to Edelbrock, Heretic studio,Beyond Wraps, Falken tires, Method Wheels, Pro Eagle, Swith Pros, Powertank, Factor 55, and Teraflex.

SASthumbnail2.jpeg

Shakespeare

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
This is a great question. and just like you mentioned, we never want to speak poorly of another competitor. What we think this bed rack will offer, is an assortment of accessories that allows you to customize this rack to how you want it for your adventure, and even then there is no limit to that. we plan to make and offer tons of aftermarket accessories for the rack for the customer to use in different ways. Our Panels (aftermarket) will have the ability to lockdown and will require a key to open. Our USA-made and USA steel quality product will hold a maximum static weight of 1600Lbs. We also have intergraded light fixtures built into the rack so that you can hide away lights in the rack to be as streamlined as possible. our rack will also offer holes integrated through the rack to route wires in an unseen by the outside eye fashion. this will make your wiring look professional and hidden. We also took the extra steps to add zip-tie cutouts for those very wires making it across some cross members, again to make it look professional and easy. the doors and side panels will be designed to carry a load of products at the varying weights. While the competitor makes a good claim that the doors are for lightweight and oversized objects, ours are designed for the weight and the struts are incorporated into our doors to assist you with lifting the door and other accessories up and out of your way. In the production model, we have added a lockout mechanism to lock the door up when you want to leave the door open for an extended period of time.

One good note to add is that we specifically designed the doors to work with Rotopax, pelican cases, powertank mounts, MaxTrax, and much more to work directly with the door vs buying an accessory bracket to then mount the already existing mount to work.

We have also spent months testing this product and can assure every curious or potential customer, this will be the best bed rack available on the market at a competitive price and with tons of aftermarket support. Considering we are still growing as a business, we will experience growing pains such as a slowed engineering and R&D time. Please be patient with us and we will get out the best products we can put out for everyone!
Great answer from you guys at TrailRax and respect for keeping it professional. Delays happen and while some of the other rack manufacturers have taken it on the chin over them, I think you guys are doing it right by acknowledging the possibility for that upfront. Might make it worth it to some of us on the buying side to wait if there was some incentive for reserving now--just a thought.

Just one more question from me: given that it looks like you're designing a very robust steel rack, can you give us any idea of the expected weight for the full-height rack? An estimate would be appreciated.

OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Great answer from you guys at TrailRax and respect for keeping it professional. Delays happen and while some of the other rack manufacturers have taken it on the chin over them, I think you guys are doing it right by acknowledging the possibility for that upfront. Might make it worth it to some of us on the buying side to wait if there was some incentive for reserving now--just a thought.

Just one more question from me: given that it looks like you're designing a very robust steel rack, can you give us any idea of the expected weight for the full-height rack? An estimate would be appreciated.
Once we get a good idea on pricing, we do plan on offering good incentives for reserving/pre-orders.
So the half-rack comes in weighing around 150 lbs with all parts on which is the estimate that the CAD file estimates. We would imagine the full height rack would way 180-200 lbs. We are looking to lightening up with Aluminum but want to keep the rigidity and structure the steel offers.

Yes, like we said, we are delayed in the process of producing these racks due to us wanting to test and heading back to the drawing board multiple times to make sure we are 100% sure that this is the product we want our customers to have and abuse. Thank you for the questions!

Advertisement

Advertisement