www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
I got the frame installed today. I’m going to wait until the latch pins come in before I install the side panels.

C78D82A6-5265-4266-9A67-D94D78D76FA7.jpeg
Already making that Gladiator look even more awesome! we are working to get the remaining hardware in right now, sorry for the delay, we have looked into options of manufacturing our own versions of the hardware.
Advertisement

JEEPNMEDIC

First Name
MATT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR, 2019 JLUR (WIFES), 2021 JTR
Occupation
TRAVEL ER RN
@TrailRax hey guys, I have been eyeing this kit for a while now, I notice there have not been any real updates since July. so how are things coming? specifically the rear gull wing. also is the the static weight really only 800 lbs? so that means by the time i add a RTT and the stuff on the sides i couldn't sleep 2 people in the tent. i thought yall where shooting for 1000 lbs.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
@TrailRax hey guys, I have been eyeing this kit for a while now, I notice there have not been any real updates since July. so how are things coming? specifically the rear gull wing. also is the the static weight really only 800 lbs? so that means by the time i add a RTT and the stuff on the sides i couldn't sleep 2 people in the tent. i thought yall where shooting for 1000 lbs.
Hey!

Great questions! Sorry, we have not kept everyone up to date as we should have been. As a summary of July till now, we have finally gotten together all shipping supplies and material and are ready to ship. Our product designers have now moved on to new accessories for this modular rack! We have created a side-mounted Mountain Bike rack and a 4-foot table mount. We are hard at work on our Rear locking door. We will provide pictures below of the current iteration of our rear door. Photos of the table mount and bike mount will be out soon!

As for your question on the weight rating, we are still unconfirmed on it, as we are testing it in the real world and waiting for our engineers to get a weight test done via CAD. We are shooting for 1000lbs but we have not confirmed it yet. We should know this week. The 800lbs that you saw mentioned at the recent Overland Expo West 2021 was a number that we are currently comfortable with until we can confirm the capacity. The 800lb static load rating is for ONLY the top. That means the tent and its occupants. The sides have their own rating which has not been rated but will be a higher number than expected. We apologize that in the video below we have miss spoken for the actual rating, we wanted to provide a number at the event when asked but at the time were unsure of the rack's maximum capabilities.

We are currently in the motion of moving warehouses. Once the move is over, we will be staying up to date on our forums as we get more employees. We appreciate the support and following as it has helped us grow and expand to new beginnings and we are excited to take you along for the ride.

If you have any questions or products you are wanting us to make for this bed rack, please reply below!

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
If you need someone to product test, and model it for you, I have a nice Gladdy, and I'm a very good looking guy. Plus I have a yellow lab, and good looking kids.
Damn, the wife gets no love 😂

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, the wife gets no love 😂
Sorry! Lol already had our testers at the time. The Gladiator bed rack is fit and ready for all Gladiators. Getting the Tacoma market next.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Sorry! Lol already had our testers at the time. The Gladiator bed rack is fit and ready for all Gladiators. Getting the Tacoma market next.
Lol no need to apologize to me! His comment was just hilarious.

JEEPNMEDIC

First Name
MATT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
TRAVEL ER RN
Hey!

Great questions! Sorry, we have not kept everyone up to date as we should have been. As a summary of July till now, we have finally gotten together all shipping supplies and material and are ready to ship. Our product designers have now moved on to new accessories for this modular rack! We have created a side-mounted Mountain Bike rack and a 4-foot table mount. We are hard at work on our Rear locking door. We will provide pictures below of the current iteration of our rear door. Photos of the table mount and bike mount will be out soon!

As for your question on the weight rating, we are still unconfirmed on it, as we are testing it in the real world and waiting for our engineers to get a weight test done via CAD. We are shooting for 1000lbs but we have not confirmed it yet. We should know this week. The 800lbs that you saw mentioned at the recent Overland Expo West 2021 was a number that we are currently comfortable with until we can confirm the capacity. The 800lb static load rating is for ONLY the top. That means the tent and its occupants. The sides have their own rating which has not been rated but will be a higher number than expected. We apologize that in the video below we have miss spoken for the actual rating, we wanted to provide a number at the event when asked but at the time were unsure of the rack's maximum capabilities.

We are currently in the motion of moving warehouses. Once the move is over, we will be staying up to date on our forums as we get more employees. We appreciate the support and following as it has helped us grow and expand to new beginnings and we are excited to take you along for the ride.

If you have any questions or products you are wanting us to make for this bed rack, please reply below!

thats awesome you guys, it looks amazing. so after writing my post yesterday, I was on the website and saw they where on sale to the end of september, and went ahead and bought one, i am very excited about it. but you mentioned moving warehouses, is this going to increase the lead times? if so what is the current lead time. also all the cool new little features ( zip tie holes, and locking strut to hold the gull wings) will they be on the one i just ordered?
thanks for all your hard work, the rack really looks great and i cant wait to get mine!!!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
thats awesome you guys, it looks amazing. so after writing my post yesterday, I was on the website and saw they where on sale to the end of september, and went ahead and bought one, i am very excited about it. but you mentioned moving warehouses, is this going to increase the lead times? if so what is the current lead time. also all the cool new little features ( zip tie holes, and locking for the gull wings) will they be on the one i just ordered?
thanks for all your hard work, the rack really looks great and i cant wait to get mine!!!
Your bed rack should ship out next week. We got a few orders to follow up with. We have our guys working through the weekend to make sure we are ready for next week. We appreciate the patience.
Your bed rack that you ordered will work for all future products being released for it.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in need of some Rotopax?
We now have a limited stock of rotopax we got in recently! Get them now while they are hot. As a previous customer, your package should have included a nice surprise that can help you with the purchase of the Rotopax for your Pak Rax! See you on the trail!

Use this link to head to our website and look at the Rotopax we have in stock.

DansJT

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Gator!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The remaining hardware arrived yesterday afternoon. I was able to install the panels with the struts and latches. Install went smooth. I'm looking forward to the release of the rear door and locking latches. @TrailRax - I've got a 23zero Walkabout 56 tent on order. Is that the same tent your Gladiator has? Do I need the Horizontal or Vertical cross members?

IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2269.jpg

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
The remaining hardware arrived yesterday afternoon. I was able to install the panels with the struts and latches. Install went smooth. I'm looking forward to the release of the rear door and locking latches. @TrailRax - I've got a 23zero Walkabout 56 tent on order. Is that the same tent your Gladiator has? Do I need the Horizontal or Vertical cross members?

IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2269.jpg
Hey! That looks amazing, we are still so sorry our installation video has not been released. We wanted to cover every single detail about the install. Should be out Friday evening.

we have the 23 zero 62” tent which is a queen size mattress which is really nice. A 56” tent would require optional brackets. Either horizontal or vertical ones will work just fine. If you have any more questions we are here to help.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
Save 10% OFF this weekend on the Gullwing Bed Rack
Since we are unable to be at the Overland Expo East and/or the Off-road Expo, we are bringing the discounts to you! The sale lasts till Sunday night. Share with a friend who needs to have as cool as a setup as you!

IMG_8386.jpeg

IMG_8389.jpeg

JEEPNMEDIC

First Name
MATT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
TRAVEL ER RN
hey guys i got mine installed earlier last week, just need to get a few nuts to put the struts on. it was a really easy build and every thing fit together very nicely. my hardest part was trying to get the bolt into the inserts for the trailrail system it took over half my time building just to get the 6 of those done, but I didn't see any easier way on the instructional video. also my passenger side gull wing rubs the pillar frame on the bottom so it hard to close and open and gets stuck. but this week while I am off I am going to try to readjust the pillars and see if i can get them to sit "more flat". but overall excellent product cant wait to get everything mounted on it.
CC07D59D-4DEF-4939-9474-FB7C560E6E53.jpeg
CA43E5AE-C178-45BC-8A16-5F25AF19D1DE.jpeg
C9458A30-BF41-4553-B340-BAC5CF6C78B1.jpeg

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
President at TrailRax
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys i got mine installed earlier last week, just need to get a few nuts to put the struts on. it was a really easy build and every thing fit together very nicely. my hardest part was trying to get the bolt into the inserts for the trailrail system it took over half my time building just to get the 6 of those done, but I didn't see any easier way on the instructional video. also my passenger side gull wing rubs the pillar frame on the bottom so it hard to close and open and gets stuck. but this week while I am off I am going to try to readjust the pillars and see if i can get them to sit "more flat". but overall excellent product cant wait to get everything mounted on it.
CC07D59D-4DEF-4939-9474-FB7C560E6E53.jpeg
CA43E5AE-C178-45BC-8A16-5F25AF19D1DE.jpeg
C9458A30-BF41-4553-B340-BAC5CF6C78B1.jpeg
First, Love the color of the Gladiator! Super awesome build you got going. If you need more hardware let us know we will send some out to you.

We did notice similar speed bumps about the "more flat" situation and it is best to loosen the bolts on the trail rail system, close the door and add someone or something to put some downward pressure on the 3/16 steel flat pieces on the frame of the bed to let it sit properly all the way down as another person is tightening the bolts. This should fix the clearance issue.

let us know if you need anything! Thank you for your support!

JEEPNMEDIC

First Name
MATT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
TRAVEL ER RN
First, Love the color of the Gladiator! Super awesome build you got going. If you need more hardware let us know we will send some out to you.

We did notice similar speed bumps about the "more flat" situation and it is best to loosen the bolts on the trail rail system, close the door and add someone or something to put some downward pressure on the 3/16 steel flat pieces on the frame of the bed to let it sit properly all the way down as another person is tightening the bolts. This should fix the clearance issue.

let us know if you need anything! Thank you for your support!
Awesome thanks, I have waited for over a year for the color. Also I have already talked to someone about the missing hardware. But I was gonna try that this week while I am off. I will let you know how it works out!

Advertisement

Advertisement