Sponsored

Transfer case keeps popping out of 4 Low?

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I have no issues getting it into 4 Low but it keeps popping out into neutral. I never really feels engaged when its in. My buddy thinks the shift linkage just needs to be adjusted. Its an auto and 3 weeks old. Should i be worried?
Sponsored

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yes, get the linkage adjusted or better yet, do it yourself . Every Jeeper should know how to fix their junk . lol

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Yes get the linkage adjusted or better yet do it yourself . Every Jeeper should know how to fix their junk . lol
Well then....I guess I’ll look into that!:captain:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yes, get the linkage adjusted or better yet, do it yourself . Every Jeeper should know how to fix their junk . lol
Except that you won’t be able to get to the cable adjuster, because it’s above the transmission/t-case. Make sure you are intentional when you start moving again that the shifter is pulled all the way back. I had this problem too for the first couple of times I used 4-low, but it went away and is no longer a problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Except that you won’t be able to get to the cable adjuster, because it’s above the transmission/t-case. Make sure you are intentional when you start moving again that the shifter is pulled all the way back. I had this problem too for the first couple of times I used 4-low, but it went away and is no longer a problem.
Like i said I can get it in but its very lightly engaged and then it pops out into neutral shortly after i start moving forward.

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
[/QUOTE

so its impossible to adjust ?

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
What's your sequence to get into 4L? Sounds like maybe you're getting just the tip and need help getting it all the way in.
Well the tip is all she can take.:like:

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
nice!

But seriously, what process do you use? Do you doing it standing or rolling? Rolling can be much easier to get full and proper engagement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
nice!

But seriously, what process do you use? Do you doing it standing or rolling? Rolling can be much easier to get full and proper engagement.
Rolling. Slowly. Trans. in neutral.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Also the manual says not to pause in (T-case) Neutral - rather to shift from 4H to 4L in one motion.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have no issues getting it into 4 Low but it keeps popping out into neutral. I never really feels engaged when its in.
The 4x4 vehicles I have had prior to this Jeep had electric shift transfer case. You just flipped a switch on the dash. If it wasn't fully engaged the light would blink at you; occasionally I would have to switch it back and try again to get full engagement.

I really like that the Jeep T-case is an all-mechanical shift. Gives me more confidence.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Yep, give it a good firm yank. Mine was really stiff the first few times and I believe it also popped out. But firm pull all the way back. If not, take it to the dealer. While I agree you should be able to fix your own stuff, I also believe that the company that built it should be on the line to make it right.
Sponsored