Transporting Hard Top in Gladiator bed

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I just purchased a soft top from another gladiator owner. I plan to install my soft top at my house and then store my hardtop at a family member's lake house about an hour away.

Does anyone know if the hardtop would fit/be safe to transport in the back of the bed of my gladiator? From my measurements, it would fit if I turn the top 90 degrees. I'd place cardboard and moving blankets on the floor of the bed and blankets to cover the top. Do you think I would damage the top in transit?

Worst case, I'll just go to my family member's house and swap the tops up there.
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The top will fit with the window going front to rear on one side and the tabs used to bolt it down to the cage sitting on the bed rail. Strap it down with a couple light duty ratchet straps. The freedom panels can be put on the bed floor under the top.

OP
OP
jmeyer

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
The top will fit with the window going front to rear on one side and the tabs used to bolt it down to the cage sitting on the bed rail. Strap it down with a couple light duty ratchet straps. The freedom panels can be put on the bed floor under the top.
Perfect! Thank you very much for your reply and sharing this information. Have a great one!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Also there’s special rubber pieces to use on the bottom of your hardtop... they should be in your freedom panel bag.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I cushioned it with a Harbor Freight moving blanket, didn't have/use the rubber snubbers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeyer

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Also there’s special rubber pieces to use on the bottom of your hardtop... they should be in your freedom panel bag.
Thanks. I have those rubber pieces in my freedom top bag. This will work well. Appreciate it!

OP
OP
jmeyer

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I cushioned it with a Harbor Freight moving blanket, didn't have/use the rubber snubbers.
That's my plan is to use a moving blanket in addition to the rubber pads. I'll just strap it down good, cover/cushion anywhere the top touches the truck... and drive carefully :).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
That's my plan is to use a moving blanket in addition to the rubber pads. I'll just strap it down good, cover/cushion anywhere the top touches the truck... and drive carefully :).

I'll let you know how it goes.
Snap some pics!

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I did this last night. I didn’t have help at home to remove my hardtop so I took it off at work and drove home with it in the bed. I put it on top of a moving blanket and put the freedom panels on top of the bottom of it and strapped the side in with a ratcheting tie down. It was pretty stable, but I kept it under 60 on the interstate. Unfortunately, the bed is about 2” too short to put the tailgate up, so I put the tailgate in the halfway up position.

Some poor night pics at my townhouse last night.
Jeep Gladiator Transporting Hard Top in Gladiator bed 9FB4862C-ED37-4C9D-8907-1CE0823B7277
Jeep Gladiator Transporting Hard Top in Gladiator bed AC610E37-9C92-47D1-81E7-12AEBFD50B77

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeyer

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Hey everyone, so sorry I never responded to this. I basically did the same thing @NC_Overland did and it worked great. I never took pictures, unfortunately, but it works just fine transporting this.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I did this last night. I didn’t have help at home to remove my hardtop so I took it off at work and drove home with it in the bed. I put it on top of a moving blanket and put the freedom panels on top of the bottom of it and strapped the side in with a ratcheting tie down. It was pretty stable, but I kept it under 60 on the interstate. Unfortunately, the bed is about 2” too short to put the tailgate up, so I put the tailgate in the halfway up position.

Some poor night pics at my townhouse last night.
Jeep Gladiator Transporting Hard Top in Gladiator bed AC610E37-9C92-47D1-81E7-12AEBFD50B77
Didn’t you have a solar panel on your hood before?

Does that remove easily or did you get rid of it entirely?