HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
So, Rock Krawler has the Pro-X rear upgrade but, how difficult would it be to do something similar in the front? Then, fab some brackets to run Ori Air struts to ditch all the trackbars, sway bars, springs and bump stops?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
So, Rock Krawler has the Pro-X rear upgrade but, how difficult would it be to do something similar in the front? Then, fab some brackets to run Ori Air struts to ditch all the trackbars, sway bars, springs and bump stops?
Your engine would likely get in the way of the upper brackets and arms unless your front axle is pushed forward. Not to say that it CAN'T be done, but it probably wouldn't be practical or you would see it more frequently.
6-mikes-race-photo-bomber-triangulated-4-link.jpg

OP
OP
HTXGladiator

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your engine would likely get in the way of the upper brackets and arms unless your front axle is pushed forward. Not to say that it CAN'T be done, but it probably wouldn't be practical or you would see it more frequently.
Evo makes the front coilover bolt-on kit. Something similar couldn't be used with say, a 14" Ori Air strut?

EDIT: I see you're probably talking about the control arms, and not the Ori Struts. my bad...more research and some measuring is in my future!

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
It’s more about you would have to go full hydro steering if you ditch the trackbar. The Trackbar is required on a solid front axle when you have a frame mounted steering box with a draglink. The Trackbar and draglink have to work together or you would have some crazy bumpsteer. Full hydro isn’t something you want as a highway daily driver.

OP
OP
HTXGladiator

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s more about you would have to go full hydro steering if you ditch the trackbar. The Trackbar is required on a solid front axle when you have a frame mounted steering box with a draglink. The Trackbar and draglink have to work together or you would have some crazy bumpsteer. Full hydro isn’t something you want as a highway daily driver.
interesting....i need to get under there and check all that out anyways. That's absolutely something to take in to consideration. :movember:

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
That’s a sweet setup but not sure about a daily driver. If you’ve never had full hydro steering it’s awesome for a buggy but sketchy on the highway.
I was was just answering the op’s post... I’d never do that level of custom to my vehicle.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I was was just answering the op’s post... I’d never do that level of custom to my vehicle.
Oh I totally get it. And that’s a great fine and a sweet kit. Maybe in 10 years when my Gladiator is worn out. They put a lot of thought in that kit

OP
OP
HTXGladiator

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've been talking to him on IG. It is a sweet kit, but more modification than I'd be willing to take on, especially on a brand new $50k pickup truck. The more I look and read, the more I think I'll end up with the rock krawler control arms, and pro-x rear kit, but may end up fabbing brackets and going with the Ori Air struts without springs and bumpstops. Who knows....still researching. Thank you all for the input, especially the steering stuff I hadn't even considered.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
As other have said, full hydro steering is no bueno for the streets. I stretched my YJ with 40s, D60s, coilovers, and all that jazz. Absolute monster on the trails, but anytime I’d run up to even the gas station with the PSC full hydro, it was a spooky ride.

Dedicated rig? Sure. Mixed use? Eh....

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Yeah, I've been talking to him on IG. It is a sweet kit, but more modification than I'd be willing to take on, especially on a brand new $50k pickup truck. The more I look and read, the more I think I'll end up with the rock krawler control arms, and pro-x rear kit, but may end up fabbing brackets and going with the Ori Air struts without springs and bumpstops. Who knows....still researching. Thank you all for the input, especially the steering stuff I hadn't even considered.
I have the pro X rear and really like it so far. Eliminates any type of binding while flexing. Make sure you do your research on the ORI struts, there’s a reason you don’t see them on the streets either. I’d recommend a good coilover and king bumps. Good luck with your build. Sounds like it will be awesome.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Nothing to do with the tread but Redlands Motorsports is one of the best installers and builders of Jeeps in SoCal.