linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Jeep model compare

Jeep Gladiator Willy NET PRICE $55,775

Jeep Gladiator Trim level Input 1627127438006

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon $60,625 W/ trail camera

Jeep Gladiator Trim level Input 1627127438049

Air lockers ARB are $2370 arb air compressor $572 plus install and other needed parts. What I don’t get is rocktrack transfer case with crawl ratio, remote disconnects for sway bars, raised fender flares, and small interior upgrades. Is that worth the $2k with the other interior upgrades?

Suspension even if I kept stock would need additions for the alucab camper canopy. I’d change out the rock sliders for something like Shrockwerks that bump out and have a small step ledge that help you get in the jeep.

Ideally I’d replace the suspension. Depending on where we end up traveling is how I’d set the tire combo. If overseas we’d resort to the stock setup with stock rims and 33” tires. So much easier to get replacements. But honestly would love to go 37” and would replace tires as well. Granted I could sell rims, tires, suspension, rock sliders and get something back on the investment. Probably narrowing the margins even closer to the difference in price.

I’m still leaning towards the Rubicon myself as there is honestly little pricing difference between the models. When considering all the above. Although I’m not going to be extreme rock crawling the Jeep. I feel the extras are worth the squeeze in the end when everything is broken down. What am I missing here or have I touched most if not all the bases in my decision. Given that with up to 8% off of invoice along with national incentives, understanding that they are not always there and if they apply to the rubicon. Which more often than not don’t apply. They are about half of the offer on other trims. Along with my Military/first responder discounts if dealer lets me apply them. It offsets it down even further and if I have any certificates from Chrysler group for a preferred customer. We are talking about possible great saving overall over the msrp of the Jeep.

Additionally, can separate to a different thread or if it’s been covered please just point me in the right direction. As I am running on little sleep and low on gas. The Diesel Axles I understand are a little different than the regular dana44s. If I plan on running 37” and looking for reliability what upgrades should I consider besides the axles truss? Of course I don’t plan on hard core rock crawling. But will be using vehicle down in Mexico up in the Northern Canadian Provences, possibly heading overseas later on, etc and don’t want to get stuck down there with a broken axle. The overseas thing is long term and I would have different challenges getting rid of def and other emissions parts to run regular non uls diesel fuel. Thanks.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I've had internal debates like this a lot myself. I have come to the conclusion that all of the extras are worth the Rubicon. It's just a long list of goodies.

If long-term reliability is your biggest concern, air lockers and the pentastar may be your most bulletproof options. I'd still be willing to give the Rubicon e-lockers a try and then decide down the road if you want to upgrade them.

Just my 2 cents from the research done on this site, for what that's worth. I don't plan on more than 35s, so no thoughts there.

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
Jeep model compare

Jeep Gladiator Willy NET PRICE $55,775

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon $60,625 W/ trail camera

Air lockers ARB are $2370 arb air compressor $572 plus install and other needed parts. What I don’t get is rocktrack transfer case with crawl ratio, remote disconnects for sway bars, raised fender flares, and small interior upgrades. Is that worth the $2k with the other interior upgrades?

Suspension even if I kept stock would need additions for the alucab camper canopy. I’d change out the rock sliders for something like Shrockwerks that bump out and have a small step ledge that help you get in the jeep.

Ideally I’d replace the suspension. Depending on where we end up traveling is how I’d set the tire combo. If overseas we’d resort to the stock setup with stock rims and 33” tires. So much easier to get replacements. But honestly would love to go 37” and would replace tires as well. Granted I could sell rims, tires, suspension, rock sliders and get something back on the investment. Probably narrowing the margins even closer to the difference in price.

I’m still leaning towards the Rubicon myself as there is honestly little pricing difference between the models. When considering all the above. Although I’m not going to be extreme rock crawling the Jeep. I feel the extras are worth the squeeze in the end when everything is broken down. What am I missing here or have I touched most if not all the bases in my decision. Given that with up to 8% off of invoice along with national incentives, understanding that they are not always there and if they apply to the rubicon. Which more often than not don’t apply. They are about half of the offer on other trims. Along with my Military/first responder discounts if dealer lets me apply them. It offsets it down even further and if I have any certificates from Chrysler group for a preferred customer. We are talking about possible great saving overall over the msrp of the Jeep.

Additionally, can separate to a different thread or if it’s been covered please just point me in the right direction. As I am running on little sleep and low on gas. The Diesel Axles I understand are a little different than the regular dana44s. If I plan on running 37” and looking for reliability what upgrades should I consider besides the axles truss? Of course I don’t plan on hard core rock crawling. But will be using vehicle down in Mexico up in the Northern Canadian Provences, possibly heading overseas later on, etc and don’t want to get stuck down there with a broken axle. The overseas thing is long term and I would have different challenges getting rid of def and other emissions parts to run regular non uls diesel fuel. Thanks.
If you're not planning hard core rock crawling the TracLoc limited slip in Willys is fine. Even less chance of axle breakage. Though it won't last long with 37s before wearing out.
My Willys was only $47k vs 55 so unsure what other options.
My other Jeep is a hard core rock crawler with lockers F-R armor etc and TBH mpg sucks so I never go far from home maybe 2 hrs.
If you are leaning Rubicon you won't be happy without it so go for it.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
At that pricing unless you’re planning to drive it until it dies 100% Rubicon. You’ll make it back when you sell and the price spread may not even be $2k since Rubicon invoice is about $700 more below MSRP than Willys invoice is to Willys MSRP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiator Overland

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
At that pricing unless you’re planning to drive it until it dies 100% Rubicon. You’ll make it back when you sell and the price spread may not even be $2k since Rubicon invoice is about $700 more below MSRP than Willys invoice is to Willys MSRP.
I’ve been looking for updated invoice pricing for the veichle and trims. But have only seen the one spreadsheet one from late 2019. Doesn’t even have Willy in it and rubicon stuff is all Wrong.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I'd go for the Rubicon. The front and rear lockers are great and they're also protected by the factory warranty. The electronic sway bar disconnect is amazing. I had it in my JKUR and it was so much better than crawling under the Jeep to disconnect and reconnect each time offroad. Also, for some reason Rubicons just look better. It's probably just the sticker on the side but I think it looks the best.
Sponsored