Eat your heart out, Ford.

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Wow, awesome! Played around with the build your own. 90,000 . Too rich for my blood but a very nice truck!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Has me seriously thinking about cancelling my diesel JT order

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We had guys here paying $63k for Launch Edition JTs last year. If your pockets are that deep, what's another $8k to get 702 HP, more towing, and more capability inside and out?

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Would be nice if Jeep just made the Hercules. I've got more money in my JT after all the upgrades and modifications than the base TRX but it still isn't a Jeep. I guarantee I wouldn't get stopped for compliments in a TRX more than it's occurred in my JT.

When we lived in Wake Forest, NC, Raptors were all over the place and even those drivers were waving and stopping to compliment; they indicated that they mostly ever only talk to other Raptor owners because the average Joe isn't complimenting their truck.

As well, the premium price tag on a JT is also a price you pay for the experience. If you're not getting the experience in your JT, you're doing something wrong, regardless of what that experience means for you individually.

***Unrelated sort of, the guy who introduced the TRX from Ram in the 30 minute premiere was an absolute D bag; it instantly became impossible to enjoy the truck because of him. I think his ass is on the line if this doesn't go well for him, hence he was jerking his bosses off with his over the top mannerisms, etc. I'd probably purchase one if I could watch him be punched in the face by an MMA athlete. ***

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
We had guys here paying $63k for Launch Edition JTs last year. If your pockets are that deep, what's another $8k to get 702 HP, more towing, and more capability inside and out?
ADM .... you know it

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have to admit I am impressed with it. I thought it was going to either be a fluffed up Rebel or a Power Wagon with some mods. Seeing the whole new frame and underside, it looks like a beast.

Hopefully they do not screw up their Launch Edition version like they did with the Gladiator.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I know I'm in the minority here but that's a hard pass from me. That's a whole lot of useless power for a truck that will be street driven for 96% of owners and $71k can buy you a real truck that can do things besides barely out-tow a Gladiator. Especially when a Raptor is more than fine for the off-road side of it at $20k less.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I know I'm in the minority here but that's a hard pass from me. That's a whole lot of useless power for a truck that will be street driven for 96% of owners and $71k can buy you a real truck that can do things besides barely out-tow a Gladiator. Especially when a Raptor is more than fine for the off-road side of it at $20k less.
People have made the exact same arguments against the Gladiator and Wrangler.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I'm with you. It's not even a $$$ issue in my opinion. I like vehicles that 'look cool' too and this just didn't do it for me. I really wanted to like it a lot because there was potential my family was going to purchase one, but maybe it's my Jeep loyalty that holds me back. Jeep teased a Wagoneer photo the other day and we're holding out for one of those.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
People have made the exact same arguments against the Gladiator and Wrangler.
Not sure I'm following. At least with the Gladiator and Wrangler you can get a nice discount that make them comparable to others in the segment. There's no way anyone is getting a TRX without a markup for the first year or two unless you've bought enough vehicles to be on a first-name basis with the dealership owner.

The TRX is a purpose-built off-road toy that is comparable to a Raptor in specs with a lot more horsepower. Both suck for truck stuff but the difference is that the Raptor isn't priced in Super Duty Platinum diesel territory. It's not even remotely the most expensive F-150.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
In Colorado Springs there are Ford Raptors all over the place. Most of them are owned by senior-enlisted or officers. (Lots of military here.) Yet, when I drive on trails, I never see any Raptors. Looking at them on the street, it appears they never leave the pavement.

Yes, this is purely anecdotal. But based on my observations, people who buy a Raptor, and likely people who will buy a TRX, just want a truck that's powerful and cool. The off-road capabilities aren't even a factor.
Sponsored