First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
Great forum, been reading every night as I work up to buying a gladiator (Mojave or Rubicon).

For some reason I can't get the sales manager to

1) give me decent price for my trade in - so far he has quoted the cash kbb price

2) give me a price for any of the Mojave's he has on the lot

had one conversation that went well, a few texts and now nothing for few days.

Seems crazy when prepared to make a big purchase but perhaps it's not as appealing as a new order.

Looks like I'll try another dealer.
Any advice ?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
They are local to me.. And honestly I had ZERO luck working with them. I got a comparable truck at the next closest lot (Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID) for 7k less then the best Peterson would do. I didn't get a great trade in value for my F150, but for the truck price I didn't give too much of a shit about it.

Lots of folks have had good experiences with Peterson's. But I imagine there is good and bad experiences with most dealerships.

My only recommendation would be to be relentless and stick to your guns where its important, and be willing to flex where its not as important. And when you find the deal you want be prepared to snatch it in a hurry. I contacted every dealership within 8 hours of me and when I found my truck (by chance stopping in since they didnt list any Max Tow models on there website) I snapped the truck up on the spot.

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
They are local to me.. And honestly I had ZERO luck working with them. I got a comparable truck at the next closest lot (Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID) for 7k less then the best Peterson would do. I didn't get a great trade in value for my F150, but for the truck price I didn't give too much of a shit about it.

Lots of folks have had good experiences with Peterson's. But I imagine there is good and bad experiences with most dealerships.

My only recommendation would be to be relentless and stick to your guns where its important, and be willing to flex where its not as important. And when you find the deal you want be prepared to snatch it in a hurry. I contacted every dealership within 8 hours of me and when I found my truck (by chance stopping in since they didnt list any Max Tow models on there website) I snapped the truck up on the spot.
Thanks great advice.

I think they are just super busy but Dillion's super responsive plus $3.5k more on the trade. Peterson's just got back to me saying will work on pricing in am so will see.

based on this forum I should be aiming for 12% below msrp, looks do able but look like requires financing. I read a thread about it and prepared to do the gentlemen's agreement for number payments for a good price.

Still it's been really painful just to get pricing.

anyway I shouldn't be complaining given the world today, it's not a problem in real terms. I'm bloody lucky.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks great advice.

I think they are just super busy but Dillion's super responsive plus $3.5k more on the trade. Peterson's just got back to me saying will work on pricing in am so will see.

based on this forum I should be aiming for 12% below msrp, looks do able but look like requires financing. I read a thread about it and prepared to do the gentlemen's agreement for number payments for a good price.

Still it's been really painful just to get pricing.

anyway I shouldn't be complaining given the world today, it's not a problem in real terms. I'm bloody lucky.
Yeah 12% below sounds good. I snatched mine up at a killer 23% below the window sticker. To get that I had to finance & use a discount from my employer via trucar. They told me I had to keep the loan for 6 months. I have one payment left & have paid $115.70 in finance charges. So far the 1,880ish in savings it was worth jumping through the finance hoops.

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
Yeah 12% below sounds good. I snatched mine up at a killer 23% below the window sticker. To get that I had to finance & use a discount from my employer via trucar. They told me I had to keep the loan for 6 months. I have one payment left & have paid $115.70 in finance charges. So far the 1,880ish in savings it was worth jumping through the finance hoops.
Amazing deal !

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing deal !
No Doubt.. It took some of that Flexing I was talking about earlier.. I did not get the color I wanted & I am missing the cold weather package I wanted. The Firecracker Red grew on me though & I will install my seat heaters myself. I got the convenience group and aux switch's neither of which I wanted. Both of which however I am now glad to have. What I wanted was sting gray or billet silver max tow. I have no regrets for the price I paid. A little extra work for the seat warmers which cost me 70 bucks on Amazon & enough saved for LOTS of upgrades.

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
No Doubt.. It took some of that Flexing I was talking about earlier.. I did not get the color I wanted & I am missing the cold weather package I wanted. The Firecracker Red grew on me though & I will install my seat heaters myself. I got the convenience group and aux switch's neither of which I wanted. Both of which however I am now glad to have. What I wanted was sting gray or billet silver max tow. I have no regrets for the price I paid. A little extra work for the seat warmers which cost me 70 bucks on Amazon & enough saved for LOTS of upgrades.
all sounds v worthwhile !

I'm in Idaho for few more weeks and want to get this done as sure it'd seems better prices than cal

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
all sounds v worthwhile !

I'm in Idaho for few more weeks and want to get this done as sure it'd seems better prices than cal
I bet. If your already in the area check out the dealerships in Ontario Or, Weiser ID & Mountain Home ID if you havent already. I know your looking for a Mojave, this one is about the cheapest I have seen. I would of been interested if it was a thing when I bought. None of the damn nanny features, but had everything else I was looking for in a color I liked. https://www.hometownmotorschryslerd...ladiator-9fd483110a0e0ae7046986b0dac92723.htm

or driving out of town the other way http://mthomechryslerjeepdodge.com/...ladiator-5e89a0d70a0e0adf65b8851d4f36a915.htm

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
I bet. If your already in the area check out the dealerships in Ontario Or, Weiser ID & Mountain Home ID if you havent already. I know your looking for a Mojave, this one is about the cheapest I have seen. I would of been interested if it was a thing when I bought. None of the damn nanny features, but had everything else I was looking for in a color I liked. https://www.hometownmotorschryslerd...ladiator-9fd483110a0e0ae7046986b0dac92723.htm

or driving out of town the other way http://mthomechryslerjeepdodge.com/...ladiator-5e89a0d70a0e0adf65b8851d4f36a915.htm
Super helpful - good to have options - thanks a lot !

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Great forum, been reading every night as I work up to buying a gladiator (Mojave or Rubicon).

For some reason I can't get the sales manager to

1) give me decent price for my trade in - so far he has quoted the cash kbb price

2) give me a price for any of the Mojave's he has on the lot

had one conversation that went well, a few texts and now nothing for few days.

Seems crazy when prepared to make a big purchase but perhaps it's not as appealing as a new order.

Looks like I'll try another dealer.
Any advice ?
This was my experience almost exactly. I liked their price, but getting them to call me back was virtually impossible. Due to lack of response, I ended up purchasing from another dealership. The numbers weren't as low, but it had more of the options I wanted. I hope you're able to get something figured out. Best of luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
This was my experience almost exactly. I liked their price, but getting them to call me back was virtually impossible. Due to lack of response, I ended up purchasing from another dealership. The numbers weren't as low, but it had more of the options I wanted. I hope you're able to get something figured out. Best of luck!
Good to know.
Mind sharing where you bought ?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Be aware trading in a vehicle almost always reduces your negotiating power. It's more paperwork and hassle and it's all for another department; those pre-owned punks.

If at all possible, sell your current vehicle yourself. You'll get a better price for it and it will allow you greater negotiating power for your new vehicle. Things get much easier when you can say, "No trade-in".

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Good to know.
Mind sharing where you bought ?
I got mine from Ken Garff West Valley in Salt Lake City, Utah. Stockton took really good care of me. Feel free to DM me if you’d like his number.
Sponsored