Sponsored

Trying to change my ride to a Gladiator, but................

John Lenheiser

First Name
Trainman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 dr. Willys
Occupation
Retired
Trying to go from a 2019 RAM Lone Star edition 4X4 5.7 Hemi, to a Gladiator, but just can't pull the trigger. The RAM is so nice over the Gladiator in every way and I'm not an off roader, so I just can't see why I want one, but I do. I think for myself I now leaning toward a new RAM Rebel over the Gladiator. I'm now thinking it's the better choice for me.
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
The Gladiator is a lot of fun, but it’s not for everyone.

I had a ‘16 Ram 1500 Bighorn. Nice truck for most situations, but the one plus of the Gladiator over the Ram (from a practicality standpoint) is that it’s a bit smaller….so maneuvering in tight spaces is a bit easier.

On upgrading to a Rebel…why not just keep what you have?

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Trying to go from a 2019 RAM Lone Star edition 4X4 5.7 Hemi, to a Gladiator, but just can't pull the trigger. The RAM is so nice over the Gladiator in every way and I'm not an off roader, so I just can't see why I want one, but I do. I think for myself I now leaning toward a new RAM Rebel over the Gladiator. I'm now thinking it's the better choice for me.
Lol, I feel like I’m talking to my wife - JK.

All kidding around aside, if you think it’s the better choice for you what’s there to debate? Seems you’ve already made up your mind. just follow through.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
So, what's the question?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, why even post this?

Would be like me going over to a Tundra forum and basically saying I was never in the market for a Tundra.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Keep what you have and find a used 2 door wrangler to scratch the jeep itch.
I think the itch you are referring to requires penicillin...

For the enthusiast, Jeeps don't itch... they burrow deep under the skin and infect every fiber of your being, like that fungus that zombifies ants...

Kajo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
Sounds like you will not be happy with a Gladiator.

I traded my 2019 RAM Bighorn 4X4 5.7 Hemi for my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon based on my personal wants and needs and never looked back. I decided I missed wheeling, took a 4 year break, and also needed a truck while limiting myself to one vehicle.

The three things I miss about the RAM is the seat size/comfort, interior space, and the power but for me the Gladiator fits my lifestyle so much better and I enjoy it so much more.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
The only reason to get a Jeep is because you want a Jeep. There is a rugged aesthetic appeal to the Gladiator which is why you think you want one.
The Ram far excels in every driving experience aspect (over most cars too) than the Jeep.

Had I not wanted a Jeep for Jeep's sake and off-roading, I would be in a Bighorn Ram and loving every mile of it.

Don't let some of these guys who get spooked and scurry off when asked to explain their comments, *cough*dryfly*cough* try to act tough and bust on you, LOL.

Last edited:

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I think the itch you are referring to requires penicillin...

For the enthusiast, Jeeps don't itch... they burrow deep under the skin and infect every fiber of your being, like that fungus that zombifies ants...
ahhh..........that explains this...........
Jeep Gladiator Trying to change my ride to a Gladiator, but................ 1665754887773

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Not sure I understand the purpose of your post. Your Ram is better and you don’t want the Gladiator….OK.
Sponsored