Sponsored

Turn off headlights on unlock (proximity)

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know how to disable the headlights during unlock with the proximity package? I know that I can turn off the proximity stuff altogether, but I'm not looking to do that. Just looking to not blind everyone at camp when I go to open the door.

If the fob is not on my person and I open the door, its a non-issue because it doesn't initiate the proximity sensors. However, I also have the fob clipped onto me or in my pocket.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how to disable the headlights during unlock with the proximity package? I know that I can turn off the proximity stuff altogether, but I'm not looking to do that. Just looking to not blind everyone at camp when I go to open the door.

If the fob is not on my person and I open the door, its a non-issue because it doesn't initiate the proximity sensors. However, I also have the fob clipped onto me or in my pocket.
I had to go into settings and change "headlights on approach" to 0 as I recall.

VA Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubi 06 LJ Rubi
If I remember correctly the something under doors and lock section

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this post. I’ve had the same issue trying to be polite to fellow campers. I sometimes park it so it’s pointed at our tent instead of out towards the rest of the site. I’m going to check this today.
Sponsored