Sponsored

Two Dealers in Northern Virginia, two VERY different experiences.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
So I had been working with a few different dealers since May. I started with Travis in NC, but I got a dealer in MD to match his price. Then I found a dealer a mile from my office that said they would match that MD price two months ago. I went to this dealership (Fair Oaks Jeep in Chantilly) to test drive the first Gladiator they got in. Since then I had been working with a salesman (William) and told him exactly what I wanted and the price I was going to pay for it baed on other dealer offers. He told me he didn't think they could match it and then, a few days later sent me an email saying his manager agreed that they WOULD match that deal. I told him great, when Hydro Blue is available, I'll be in to place my order.
So yesterday I go there to order my Jeep and the William asks me my price (which I've shared with him over email, phone and IN person numerous times already. He prints out the build sheet and brings it to his manager, and they come back with MSRP. PLaying the numbers game, he says "pay no attention and write YOUR number here". I roll my eyes and write the SAME number he already had from me down and he takes it back to the manager. Then they BOTH come get me and explain it's impossible to give it to me at that price and if I really know a dealer who would, I should go there. I calmly express my dissapointment and tell them I plan to.

I then go out into my car on THEIR lot and call a dealership closer to where I live (Marlow Motor Company in Front Royal) and speak to a salesman (Maynard) who I've only talked to ONCE earlier that morning. He said he'd undercut the offfer by $500 when I had spoken to him in the morning, but I was trying to give the salesman who had been putting in the time with me the sale. Maynard gave me the deal I wanted OVER THE PHONE and took my down payment as well. I now have my build submitted an a VON to go with it. With just two phone calls.

I'm impressed with the willingness of Maynard at Marlow to meet my price, and with no back and forth, and I'm even more dissapointed with how Fair Oaks salespeople lied to me.

FYI, my deal was at 6% under invoice.
Sponsored

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So I had been working with a few different dealers since May. I started with Travis in NC, but I got a dealer in MD to match his price. Then I found a dealer a mile from my office that said they would match that MD price two months ago. I went to this dealership (Fair Oaks Jeep in Chantilly) to test drive the first Gladiator they got in. Since then I had been working with a salesman (William) and told him exactly what I wanted and the price I was going to pay for it baed on other dealer offers. He told me he didn't think they could match it and then, a few days later sent me an email saying his manager agreed that they WOULD match that deal. I told him great, when Hydro Blue is available, I'll be in to place my order.
So yesterday I go there to order my Jeep and the William asks me my price (which I've shared with him over email, phone and IN person numerous times already. He prints out the build sheet and brings it to his manager, and they come back with MSRP. PLaying the numbers game, he says "pay no attention and write YOUR number here". I roll my eyes and write the SAME number he already had from me down and he takes it back to the manager. Then they BOTH come get me and explain it's impossible to give it to me at that price and if I really know a dealer who would, I should go there. I calmly express my dissapointment and tell them I plan to.

I then go out into my car on THEIR lot and call a dealership closer to where I live (Marlow Motor Company in Front Royal) and speak to a salesman (Maynard) who I've only talked to ONCE earlier that morning. He said he'd undercut the offfer by $500 when I had spoken to him in the morning, but I was trying to give the salesman who had been putting in the time with me the sale. Maynard gave me the deal I wanted OVER THE PHONE and took my down payment as well. I now have my build submitted an a VON to go with it. With just two phone calls.

I'm impressed with the willingness of Maynard at Marlow to meet my price, and with no back and forth, and I'm even more dissapointed with how Fair Oaks salespeople lied to me.

What was the dealership you were dealing with in MD if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
HydroRubi

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Criswell in Gaithersburg. I had no issue with them whatsoever. In fact, they were great. I just wanted to use a dealer as close to where I work or live as possible. Leon Travis was my POC there. He was superb.

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Criswell in Gaithersburg. I had no issue with them whatsoever. In fact, they were great. I just wanted to use a dealer as close to where I work or live as possible. Leon Travis was my POC there. He was superb.
Thanks! They were willing to match your original deal of what 5% under invoice?

OP
OP
HydroRubi

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer

Sponsored

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
I'm trying really hard to move over to an american vehicle (JT as soon as Gator is available) after being in German cars for the past 20 years- and in the meantime I've been talking to a few dealers. Now I'm reminded why I couldn't stand trying to deal with the Big Three- seriously, they've not evolved at all in the past 20 years in their approach to sales.

02tj

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 launch gladiator, 2017 JKUR, 1947 CJ2A

Marlow is awesome!!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I then go out into my car on THEIR lot and call a dealership closer to where I live (Marlow Motor Company in Front Royal).
Shawn...not sure if you remember me or not, but this
Is Jeff from Nova Jeepers. Glad to see you joined the Gladiator brigade and that you guys are still in the area. Hope to see you around town!

Related, I’ve heard from a couple reputable sources that Marlow has awesome service, so I think I’m going to be taking mine there when needed since it’s close to home and they have crazy late hours.

OP
OP
HydroRubi

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Shawn...not sure if you remember me or not, but this
Is Jeff from Nova Jeepers. Glad to see you joined the Gladiator brigade and that you guys are still in the area. Hope to see you around town!

Related, I’ve heard from a couple reputable sources that Marlow has awesome service, so I think I’m going to be taking mine there when needed since it’s close to home and they have crazy late hours.
Hey JEFF! I need to get back into Nova Jeeps now that I am back into a real Jeep!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey JEFF! I need to get back into Nova Jeeps now that I am back into a real Jeep!
Yes you do! Also, I'm 99% sure I saw you Saturday right by the Apple House towing a trailer. If so I was the donk waving like a dummy from the black one.

OP
OP
HydroRubi

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Yes you do! Also, I'm 99% sure I saw you Saturday right by the Apple House towing a trailer. If so I was the donk waving like a dummy from the black one.
I'm sure that was me. I was headed to a gig pulling my band trailer. Plus, there's not many Blue Gladiators around in Warren County. I've yet to see another one.
Sponsored