Tyger T1

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Does anyone have the Tyger T1 Gladiator model? I know there are several who have the Colorado model, but this one is supposed to be for the Gladiator specifically. I received it yesterday and the clamps for it make no sense. If used per the directions, the rails would narrow towards the tailgate. There are 3 different sizes on each side that gradually move the rail inwards toward the rear. Anyhow, if anyone has it, let me know if you were able to make it fit. I have an email into Tyger requesting all type "A" clamps which would make it work, but haven't received a response so far.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Could you take a photo of the issue you've got? We might be able to help you work through it, but it's kinda hard to visualize. I'm assuming you're saying the image below has an issue?

Jeep Gladiator Tyger T1 1662063785952

I know the clamps are made to go in specific spots, and are supposed to be sized accordingly, so if they aren't where they should be they might have fitment issues against the bed lip.

OP
OP
gouacats

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
@sharpsicle, Thanks for posting this and yes, that is the problem. The A, B and C clamps are all different shapes and move the side rail further inward as you go rearward. The A clamp is the one that seems to position the side rail in the correct location and it seems to me that should be the size the entire way down. For clarification, I am using the trail rail clamps, but they have the same change in size as you move rearward as the ones shown above (see below). I'll try to take some photos when I get home.

Jeep Gladiator Tyger T1 1662064431305

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I see. The trail rail is an important piece of information. To compensate, there are also 3 different trail rail brackets that also need to be in the right order. In the image below, you can see how they all are supposed to compensate for the different size clamp uppers.

Jeep Gladiator Tyger T1 1662064358767

I think the photos are really going to make it apparent what's happening. I'm really curious on what's up.

OP
OP
gouacats

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I see. The trail rail is an important piece of information. To compensate, there are also 3 different trail rail brackets that also need to be in the right order. In the image below, you can see how they all are supposed to compensate for the different size clamp uppers.

Jeep Gladiator Tyger T1 1662064358767
All of the uppers that came with mine are the same size. Should they be longer as you move rearward to keep the rail in the same location? If so, that is my problem. I would need to get the correct sized uppers for the B and C clamps. I did verify that the uppers were the same size, because that was my first thought.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gouacats

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Update - after quite a bit of back and forth, Tyger sent me the instructions below. Apparently, the side rails aren’t supposed to be parallel to the bed rails. It would have been good to have these included in the actual instructions, because it seems very counter intuitive. Anyhow, the cover is on and I think it looks pretty good. No real review since it’s only been on for an hour or so, but so far so good.

Jeep Gladiator Tyger T1 1662830734589

BTW, Tyger was very responsive to my emails. They always got back to me the next day after I emailed them.

D25142AF-3774-45EB-ABD7-F431C8CF9219.jpeg

B8406D62-0DE0-46CD-8BFE-AE273D311331.jpeg

tadavidsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Data Architect
These images are in the instructions, but they're very easy to miss. I was confused about this same exact thing but found this thread and got it installed because of the info here. Emailed Tyger saying this should be in the instructions only to receive a reply that it already is. They definitely need to make it more obvious though.

OP
OP
gouacats

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
These images are in the instructions, but they're very easy to miss. I was confused about this same exact thing but found this thread and got it installed because of the info here. Emailed Tyger saying this should be in the instructions only to receive a reply that it already is. They definitely need to make it more obvious though.
Wow…you’re right. It is in there. I looked at least twice before and still didn’t see it. I agree, make it more obvious.
Sponsored