First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Maybe look into the uhaul car hauler. It’s a flat bed. Although it might say the GC is too heavy. I’ve heard of folks towing similar vehicles. Perhaps they weren’t clear what they were hauling when they rented the trailer.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I have a dolly and have pulled my Mustang GT Vert' easy pull, but like you said, you'll have to pully the drive shaft, and U Haul has weird rules nowadays,

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Get a weight distributing hitch and set it up per instructions. Very simple to do. I prefer Equalizer. That amount of weight will tend to push you around. Brakes on the trailer are a must. Save some hair color and hire some one to properly load it on a roll back. If none of this works, then explain to him the concept of "You are an adult male. Act like it. Deal with it." Flame away.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Yeah, their website says not recommended for either the dolly or trailer, likely due to being close to max weight. CYA statements.
Yes completely CYA, and there prices, through the roof......

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Possibly cheaper and less headache to source the replacement cv joint locally...

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Possibly cheaper and less headache to source the replacement cv joint locally...
My thoughts exactly.

Also, how far is it college mileage-wise? If you have AAA Plus you get 100 miles per tow

OP
OP

JT-Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, was looking at this as well and is likely the best option. His jeep has additional issues that need to be repaired to include hole in exhaust and engine oil pan seeping oil, rusting thru but not too bad to drive.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Uhaul's restrictions are a joke. I can't rent anything with my JT due to it being a soft top, yet they will let me rent a dual axel 12ft enclosed trailer with a toyota sienna.....

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Hardtop doesn't mean anything, seen a jeep roll over with a hardtop, T-tops came right off, and top was crooked, basically ripped it off, they were going quite fast,

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hardtop doesn't mean anything, seen a jeep roll over with a hardtop, T-tops came right off, and top was crooked, basically ripped it off, they were going quite fast,
So true. I think their rule dates back to the suzuki samari or something and them not wanting to rent them out to those things. Somehow that outdated rule still exists in the days of the JT.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Get a weight distributing hitch and set it up per instructions. Very simple to do. I prefer Equalizer. That amount of weight will tend to push you around. Brakes on the trailer are a must. Save some hair color and hire some one to properly load it on a roll back. If none of this works, then explain to him the concept of "You are an adult male. Act like it. Deal with it." Flame away.
U-haul has surge brakes. You can't use a weight distributing hitch with their rigs. There's no provisions on any that I've used.
Sponsored