Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Is this 7-inch display HD radio (FM)? I find it pretty significant on my local FM statins. Have it in my JGC but wife doesn’t in her pilot so I have experience n the quality differences.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
While we are on this subject. Do you get he follow functionality with the 7" or is this just on the 8.4"?

Offroad pages - ie tilt and cant
Air Down Settings

I have not heard that it is 8.4 exclusive but haven't seen it on a 7" largely because all the show and tell models have the 8.4" unit.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
OP
OP
BlckJT

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Yes. That’s a great question!

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
an excellent question. It certainly isn't on my JLU's 7".

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
an excellent question. It certainly isn't on my JLU's 7".
So the air down is exclusive to the JT so the JLU would not have it. Just wondering if if will be on the 7"

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the air down is exclusive to the JT so the JLU would not have it. Just wondering if if will be on the 7"
That may be the case. IMO it's just a software thing. I see no reason the 7" couldn't do it. However I think the 7" could do Off Road pages but that is an 8" exclusive as well.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
After reading that thread i have found the following:

No off road pages but you still have the information on the infotainment screen in front of you.
No HD Radio :( however i do not know the benefit of this...
NO Nav but we knew that and just use googlemaps

What is still unknown is the air down features. This was not a feature on the JL so there was not even any mention of it. I really hope it is available on the 7" because i am not upgrading the the 8 and i think it is a very useful feature.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading that thread i have found the following:

No off road pages but you still have the information on the infotainment screen in front of you.
No HD Radio :( however i do not know the benefit of this...
NO Nav but we knew that and just use googlemaps

What is still unknown is the air down features. This was not a feature on the JL so there was not even any mention of it. I really hope it is available on the 7" because i am not upgrading the the 8 and i think it is a very useful feature.
Go watch Doug DeMuro's review here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...eep-gladiator-is-the-hottest-new-truck.15079/

He describes it's function there. He also briefly covers Off Road Pages.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
As of yesterday the air down horn beep feature was part of the Aux Switch package, which I assumed you could get with the 7". Today however the build and price no longer list that in the Aux Switch package so now I don't know?

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
As of yesterday the air down horn beep feature was part of the Aux Switch package, which I assumed you could get with the 7". Today however the build and price no longer list that in the Aux Switch package so now I don't know?
:facepalm:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
That is a very good question. I hit the Google Machine and found this:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/radio-7inch-vs-8-4-inch.2318/
Don't tell the JL guys I said this, but that Thread was /is So Ridiculously answered in the Posts that followed - all but the 2nd to last - Finally someone with some common sense solutions to issues JEEP will NEVER address, because it is NOT in their Best Financial Interest to do so -- they WANT you to "take the Leap" into more $$$ optioned 8.4 ! The 7" so called upgrade tech-package IS a joke ! And the only reason I'm in for IT is the Lower Cost from the 8.4" + don't want the intrusion in sound or space of the woofer or Amp. ! The Base Radio SUCKS & Looks Childish (like a toy) -- all part of THAT Jeep Plan to get you to upgrade to a 7" or 8.4" ! THE 7" NEEDS TO BE THE BASE RADIO, period ! Jeep, you really can Suck Up a good thing sometimes . . . this is a perfect example !

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
While we are on this subject. Do you get he follow functionality with the 7" or is this just on the 8.4"?

Offroad pages - ie tilt and cant
Air Down Settings

I have not heard that it is 8.4 exclusive but haven't seen it on a 7" largely because all the show and tell models have the 8.4" unit.
ps a Tazer allows you to adjust the TPMS alerts too, iirc

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
So I spent far too long searching through the internet and looking through JT Manual, and was not able to find whether the offroad pages were part of 7 inch Uconnect. However, I believe I did find that vehicle information such as location specific tire pressure and vehicle tilt is part of 7 inch TFT Instrument Cluster display.
Sponsored