First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
So the Jeep/Mopar websites seem to dance around any cost questions... is this some sort of service you have to pay for in order to utilize some of the phone app features? similar to Onstar?

dealer never explained anything to me, been trying to register a new account but the literature keeps pointing me to sign up physically in the vehicle??
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So the Jeep/Mopar websites seem to dance around any cost questions... is this some sort of service you have to pay for in order to utilize some of the phone app features? similar to Onstar?

dealer never explained anything to me, been trying to register a new account but the literature keeps pointing me to sign up physically in the vehicle??
My Overland with the 8.4" Uconnect included a 1 year subscription for SiriusXM and the Uconnect service access. The dealer set it up and it was working before I left the parking lot. There is a cost after the first year.

You may need to contact the dealer to see if the remote access features are available for your vehicle.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
My Overland with the 8.4" Uconnect included a 1 year subscription for SiriusXM and the Uconnect service access. The dealer set it up and it was working before I left the parking lot. There is a cost after the first year.

You may need to contact the dealer to see if the remote access features are available for your vehicle.
I wonder if the service isn't applicable to me, I've only got the 7" screen. Didn't see anything on my interface where I can sign up for service either.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I wonder if the service isn't applicable to me, I've only got the 7" screen. Didn't see anything on my interface where I can sign up for service either.
Sounds like your dealer dropped the ball there. I have the 7" screen and my sales rep paired my phone and activated the satellite radio before I left the lot. Have you talked to your sales rep? He or she can make this happen. One year of free satellite radio is a pretty good deal and worth being proactive to activate. I'm pretty sure all Chrysler vehicles are supposed to get this benefit. It's a corporate arrangement.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Sounds like your dealer dropped the ball there. I have the 7" screen and my sales rep paired my phone and activated the satellite radio before I left the lot. Have you talked to your sales rep? He or she can make this happen. One year of free satellite radio is a pretty good deal and worth being proactive to activate. I'm pretty sure all Chrysler vehicles are supposed to get this benefit. It's a corporate arrangement.
I've got the satellite radio hooked up and the 1 yr free subscription is active. I was just wondering about the UConnect service, was curious to see how well the remote start through the app works. Seems like I need to pay for a service subscription in order to make that work. No big deal. Coming from the Onstar world I was just trying to better understand the FCA setup.

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the satellite radio hooked up and the 1 yr free subscription is active. I was just wondering about the UConnect service, was curious to see how well the remote start through the app works. Seems like I need to pay for a service subscription in order to make that work. No big deal. Coming from the Onstar world I was just trying to better understand the FCA setup.
Oh, OK. Sorry. I misunderstood there.

So the app is supposed to allow you to start your JT from your phone? My Gladiators has auto start, but I wasn't aware of this.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
So the app is supposed to allow you to start your JT from your phone?
Supposedly from what I've read. Was going to be a handy feature for me leaving the office in the afternoon on a cold day...by the time I walk up to the truck it would be toasty warm. I still have the regular remote start, just have to be in closer proximity for that to work.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly from what I've read. Was going to be a handy feature for me leaving the office in the afternoon on a cold day...by the time I walk up to the truck it would be toasty warm. I still have the regular remote start, just have to be in closer proximity for that to work.
Yeah, that would be handy. Although my desk is a half mile from the parking lot, it's not an option for me. I can't bring a phone into the building.

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
The remote start stop lock and unlock all work ok, sometimes you need to attempt multiple times. But it is nice from inside a hot or cold building.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - that was my experience. I do have the large screen, but still the dealer did all of the work from his computer, asked for my info, set it all up. I got home with the vehicle to find everything set up except my online Jeep account. The satellite radio works fine, they paired my phone, and when it stopped working, I was simply asking what I should look for first - they said "is it here? I'll go take care of it for you" and they did a soft reset (in the settings) and paired my phone again and put everything back. I could have done it all, I was only asking them for a tip - but hey, if they were willing to go out in 20 degree winds and take care of it in the parking lot, who was I to tell them no?
Klutch is right - you get that satellite radio with JT, Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Compass, all that I am aware of.
First thing I'd do if you have problems with that stuff not working is contact the selling dealer - they should have not let you leave with any of that not set up.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Uconnect remote access is a feature of the 8.4” radio. Not part of the 7” radio system. Had the larger in my challenger and was handy in the winter time starting the vehicle with my phone as I was checking out in a store. Automatic air had the car nice and warm by the time I got there.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Uconnect remote access is a feature of the 8.4” radio. Not part of the 7” radio system. Had the larger in my challenger and was handy in the winter time starting the vehicle with my phone as I was checking out in a store. Automatic air had the car nice and warm by the time I got there.
Thanks for confirming, figured this was the case

Snowdogyyz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Alexa can start my 8.4 setup. Pretty neat feature that I’ll hardly use!
Sponsored