UConnect Carplay music playback issue

urfavchldo

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hi all, new to the forums, happy to be here. I got my 21 Gladiator Sport S w/UConnect 8.4 4C in October last year. About a month after delivery, I started noticing that my CarPlay was having this playback issue. Essentially, it played the volume in a tinny volume mode where it just sounded horrible (same kind of volume mode that plays if you're recording a video on your phone while using CarPlay). This did not happen through bluetooth. At first I assumed apple changed something with CarPlay in an update. Went to the dealer and they said I had the most up to date uconnect. I tried using my phone in all of my friends' CarPlay cars and same issue happened. Finally figured out that Spotify added this feature called "Hey Spotify" which essentially always uses your microphone when you have the app running. Because my phone was actively using the microphone, this is why the audio came through in the volume mode that it did. I disabled "Hey Spotify" in the app and haven't had the issue since. Hope this helps someone out there!
Sponsored