Sponsored

Uconnect cutting out camera fix?

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey guys I just picked up my gladiator and it's already the audio is already cutting out. Through searches I found this could mean my reverse camera needs to be replaced? My question is if that issue is still possible on the newer vehicles? (Example jeep rolled out the steering box on newer vehicles once they determined the issue.)
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing concerns with your audio system. If you decide to get this looked at by your dealer and would like additional support alongside your visit, send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing concerns with your audio system. If you decide to get this looked at by your dealer and would like additional support alongside your visit, send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Will do thank you.

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys I just picked up my gladiator and it's already the audio is already cutting out. Through searches I found this could mean my reverse camera needs to be replaced? My question is if that issue is still possible on the newer vehicles? (Example jeep rolled out the steering box on newer vehicles once they determined the issue.)
I would said like 3 weeks ago I got a newly Uconnet update then week after the backup camera didn't want to come up online. That day I remoted started the Jeep and immediately hit the break pedal and hit the switch button and set in reverse and back up the Jeep couple of feet; put it in park and shut it off. After an hour I started the Jeep and the backup camera didn't work.....I drove for an hour got home and still didn't work.
Next step I call my personal mechanic at the Jeep dealership, he said that the new Uconnet updates are messing with all Mopar vehicles and is due to a long reboot of the Uconnect system.

You need to go back to your Uconnect setting an apply the settings that you want and shut off the vehicle. wait at least one hour and restart the Jeep and in your Uconnect display hit the ACCEPT button in your display and your camera will be on after put the vehicle in reverse.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I would said like 3 weeks ago I got a newly Uconnet update then week after the backup camera didn't want to come up online. That day I remoted started the Jeep and immediately hit the break pedal and hit the switch button and set in reverse and back up the Jeep couple of feet; put it in park and shut it off. After an hour I started the Jeep and the backup camera didn't work.....I drove for an hour got home and still didn't work.
Next step I call my personal mechanic at the Jeep dealership, he said that the new Uconnet updates are messing with all Mopar vehicles and is due to a long reboot of the Uconnect system.

You need to go back to your Uconnect setting an apply the settings that you want and shut off the vehicle. wait at least one hour and restart the Jeep and in your Uconnect display hit the ACCEPT button in your display and your camera will be on after put the vehicle in reverse.
My camera actually works fine. It's the audio that cuts out. I found a long thread about how the camera oddly affects the radio. Turns out the part has since in fact been updated so I'm a bit more worried now.

Sponsored

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
My camera actually works fine. It's the audio that cuts out. I found a long thread about how the camera oddly affects the radio. Turns out the part has since in fact been updated so I'm a bit more worried now.
Can you post the link off the " camera oddly affects the radio".
Do you have a rack installed on the roof of the Jeep.....?

ARKGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th
You need to take it in. Had some minor issues with mine, took it by the dealer and after they looked through everything they ordered me a new backup camera. It is sitting at the dealership waiting on me to have time to come let them put it in

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You need to take it in. Had some minor issues with mine, took it by the dealer and after they looked through everything they ordered me a new backup camera. It is sitting at the dealership waiting on me to have time to come let them put it in
Can I ask when yours was built? Mines hot off the presses and there was supposedly a new part number for the camera long before.

ARKGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th
Can I ask when yours was built? Mines hot off the presses and there was supposedly a new part number for the camera long before.
Iā€™d have to check the build date but Iā€™ve had it 3 weeks and 1500 miles. Problem showed up week after I took delivery. Screen would turn black and not recover or just flash in and out. I will say that once they checked over everything I have not seen any issues but they claimed it was bad and needed changed either way.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Iā€™d have to check the build date but Iā€™ve had it 3 weeks and 1500 miles. Problem showed up week after I took delivery. Screen would turn black and not recover or just flash in and out. I will say that once they checked over everything I have not seen any issues but they claimed it was bad and needed changed either way.
Ok that's a bummer you had the issue but I'm relieved that could be the fix. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored