Sponsored

Uconnect Mobile App Vehicle Health Bug – False Report of Airbag System & TPMS Failure

Has anyone else experienced a false warning in the Uconnect mobile app in the Vehicle Health Report?

• Total voters

bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara, Premium Audio, Power Top, Winter Package
Has anyone else experienced a false warning in the Uconnect mobile app in the Vehicle Health Report indicating an immediate action is needed for an airbag system failure and/or a false suggested action needed for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) failure.

My vehicle is a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara V6 with Alpine premium audio system. I installed the Uconnect mobile application v3.4.2 on a Google Pixel 3a, running Android version 10.

On March 1, 2020, I was at home. My wife was driving the vehicle. Uconnect sent me an email, and the Uconnect application, displayed an immediate action needed for the airbag system and a suggested action regarding the TPMS. I thought my wife was in a car accident, amplified because she didn’t answer repeat phone calls. I drove my other vehicle in search for her, to find that the Wrangler was parked safe and sound, and she was inside a store with her phone on silent.

I got in the Jeep, and started the ignition, the airbag light turned on for a few seconds (normal light test), and shut off as expected. There were no warnings, lights indicated in the vehicle. The tire pressure was 36psi driver side front, and both rear tires. The passenger side front tire was 37psi. Given that I was at a loss as to why the Uconnect mobile application stated there was the immediate action needed for the airbag system, I used the in-vehicle SOS/Help phone service. The agent stated that the errors were seen on her side, that there was no explanation why, but the vehicle should be taken to the dealership immediately for service.

I scheduled the first available appointment at my dealership (Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 24, Brockton, MA USA) on March 3, 2020. The service representative and mechanic met me in the waiting area to state that there was and is absolutely nothing wrong with the airbag system, nor a problem with the TPMS. The mechanic stated that they had seen Uconnect issue false reports of system failures before, and that the dealership couldn’t fix the application. Instead, I need to open a support ticket with the Uconnect / Jeep Wave support department.

At the dealership on March 3, 2020, I called Jeep Uconnect support, and opened a ticket (Case #75817448), and exchanged subsequent phone calls and emails with screenshots several times through March 10, 2020. On March 10th, I was notified via email that a Uconnect “glitch” exists, that the case manager had not received any new information from the Uconnect Team. The case manager stated that she believed that the Uconnect team will work on the glitch and get the app fixed, but that the case manager did not think she would be notified further. She stated that she was going to close my case.

I called the Uconnect support number, and asked for two things: 1) reopen the case, because I want the support department at Jeep to recognize that this bug still exists to this day, and 2) I want to be notified when it is fixed. I was disappointed to learn that the case was closed with notes that I accepted the issue was resolved. It clearly is not a resolved issue, and my hunch is that there are others using the Uconnect system that have encountered this issue. At the end of the day, I just want Jeep (@JeepCares) to commit to fixing said application with some resemblance of a timeline, whether it is measured in weeks or months.

Photos of the Uconnect Mobile App Vehicle Health Bug: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ughQ87CaZDMzLYwc8
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone else experienced a false warning in the Uconnect mobile app in the Vehicle Health Report indicating an immediate action is needed for an airbag system failure and/or a false suggested action needed for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) failure.

My vehicle is a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara V6 with Alpine premium audio system. I installed the Uconnect mobile application v3.4.2 on a Google Pixel 3a, running Android version 10.

On March 1, 2020, I was at home. My wife was driving the vehicle. Uconnect sent me an email, and the Uconnect application, displayed an immediate action needed for the airbag system and a suggested action regarding the TPMS. I thought my wife was in a car accident, amplified because she didn’t answer repeat phone calls. I drove my other vehicle in search for her, to find that the Wrangler was parked safe and sound, and she was inside a store with her phone on silent.

I got in the Jeep, and started the ignition, the airbag light turned on for a few seconds (normal light test), and shut off as expected. There were no warnings, lights indicated in the vehicle. The tire pressure was 36psi driver side front, and both rear tires. The passenger side front tire was 37psi. Given that I was at a loss as to why the Uconnect mobile application stated there was the immediate action needed for the airbag system, I used the in-vehicle SOS/Help phone service. The agent stated that the errors were seen on her side, that there was no explanation why, but the vehicle should be taken to the dealership immediately for service.

I scheduled the first available appointment at my dealership (Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 24, Brockton, MA USA) on March 3, 2020. The service representative and mechanic met me in the waiting area to state that there was and is absolutely nothing wrong with the airbag system, nor a problem with the TPMS. The mechanic stated that they had seen Uconnect issue false reports of system failures before, and that the dealership couldn’t fix the application. Instead, I need to open a support ticket with the Uconnect / Jeep Wave support department.

At the dealership on March 3, 2020, I called Jeep Uconnect support, and opened a ticket (Case #75817448), and exchanged subsequent phone calls and emails with screenshots several times through March 10, 2020. On March 10th, I was notified via email that a Uconnect “glitch” exists, that the case manager had not received any new information from the Uconnect Team. The case manager stated that she believed that the Uconnect team will work on the glitch and get the app fixed, but that the case manager did not think she would be notified further. She stated that she was going to close my case.

I called the Uconnect support number, and asked for two things: 1) reopen the case, because I want the support department at Jeep to recognize that this bug still exists to this day, and 2) I want to be notified when it is fixed. I was disappointed to learn that the case was closed with notes that I accepted the issue was resolved. It clearly is not a resolved issue, and my hunch is that there are others using the Uconnect system that have encountered this issue. At the end of the day, I just want Jeep (@JeepCares) to commit to fixing said application with some resemblance of a timeline, whether it is measured in weeks or months.

Photos of the Uconnect Mobile App Vehicle Health Bug: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ughQ87CaZDMzLYwc8
Hey, bills. I've had a chance to review your case. Please send me a private message so we can discuss further.

Kate
JeepCares

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Blue JLUR, 2021 Billet Silver JLURD
I have the same exact issue, I am bringing my Jeep in for a free Wave oil change this week and I’ll show them what the health report said. But I don’t have any indicator lights or issues on my cluster. I am glad I found this thread, I thought it was an odd glitch as well but this practically confirms it.

Sponsored

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
Mine does the same thing, every other month it sends that false report. I don’t trust that app at all.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares, is this still a known issue?

I just experienced this as well. My Uconnect sent me a report stating my Malfunction Indicator Light is on and that there is an issue with my Electronic Throttle control.

I have no warning lights nor messages in my Jeep. I got the email report when my car was being worked on by the dealer (oil change and other services) so I didn't think anything of it. But I got another email stating the same thing about one week later. But, still no indicator lights nor message from the Jeep itself.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares, is this still a known issue?

I just experienced this as well. My Uconnect sent me a report stating my Malfunction Indicator Light is on and that there is an issue with my Electronic Throttle control.

I have no warning lights nor messages in my Jeep. I got the email report when my car was being worked on by the dealer (oil change and other services) so I didn't think anything of it. But I got another email stating the same thing about one week later. But, still no indicator lights nor message from the Jeep itself.
Sorry to hear that... we can definitely look into this for you, if you'd like? Send us a private message with your VIN and a screenshot of the errors you're receiving.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored